*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Stink Queen?
  2. "Trick-or-Treat, smell my feet!"
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1612020-Welcome-To-Creepville/cid/781763-The-Stink-Queen
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1612020
A girl trick-or-treats and a town, that wants her feet!
This choice: a goblin!  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

The Stink Queen?

    by: howdyboy
Kayla saw a kid following her, alone, and figured he wanted to catch up and join forces. Forget about it!

Kayla began quickening her pace, the creepy little figure seemed likehe was chasing after her, frightening Kayla. She began to run. Suddenly, she tripped over a step and fell to the ground. After a few moments of pain and humility, Kayla looked up and saw what was chasing her. It held out its hand.

"Need a hand?" Kayla saw it wasn't a kid at all. It was a little green man, sort of ugly. When he walked right up, she knew it wasn't just a really great costume, either. He was the real deal.

"A goblin!" she said, more curious than afraid. He was small, about half the size of Kayla. He had pointy ears, a long nose and had brownish skin. He kind of looked like Dobby from Harry Potter, except his garbs were a little more cleaner.

"A fairy princess!" said the goblin, teasing, looking Kayla over. "You're not from the neighborhood, right? It's been slim the last few years, so we'll take what we can get." The goblin nodded to himself, shrugging, glancing at Kayla's pink hightops. "So how long have you been wearing the shoes?" He helped Kayla up.

"I don't know," said Kayla, taking both question and questioner in stride. "A few hours, I guess. We can't dress up at school anymore, so... yeah, since about 7 tonight."

The goblin winced and grabbed the end of his nose, tugging on it.

"Really? Just a few hours?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You... what's your name, kid?"

"Kayla," she answered, resenting the 'kid' part a little.

"Bonfiglio St. Finnfog," said the goblin, offering a hand. Kayla, polite, shook it. "Make it 'Finn,' since everyone hates a long name, these days. Look, Kayla... you're applying as CreepVille's Foetoregio this year, right?"

"The what?!"

"'The Stink Queen,' in simplest terms? You know... 'trick or treat, smell my feet.' That was you, wasn't it? I mean, it's a rhetorical question, because I know it was you, but you realize you were the first kid to say it and you have to meet certain obligations, now?"

"I'm not going to be any kind of Stink Queen!" Kayla shouted, starting to get mad. "Look, it's just some stupid thing you say when you're trick-or-treating! To tease whoever is giving you candy, just to mess with them, OK? I've been saying 'smell my feet' for years, and no one ever actually took me up on it." Kayla put her candy bag down and folded her arms, looking peeved -- less effective with a fairy wand in your hand, but so what?

"It's a little different here in CreepVille," said Finn, looking unsure how to proceed. "If anyone else had volunteered tonight, you could decline and we'd accept that graciously. But most of the neighborhood has gotten skittish about accepting the honor, so I think you might be stuck."

"That boy told me to hurry home, yeah," said Kayla, looking uncomfortable. "What's so bad about it? What would I have to do? If I said yes?"

"Just... be yourself," said Finn, chuckling, looking a little shifty. He wasn't going to fill her in on the downside, apparently. Ha! Finn was about as tall as her belly button. Kayla thought she could beat him up, if she had to.

Sensing some formal acceptance or rejection was called for, Kayla said...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 howdyboy (UN: butthead92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
howdyboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1612020-Welcome-To-Creepville/cid/781763-The-Stink-Queen