*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1646527-The-Dark-Machine/cid/838637-What-rhymes-with-BOOM
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1646527
Can you escape the Illithid city? This is an epic tale in the Dungeons & Dragons setting.
This choice: You create enough crude explosive to blow some locks open  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

What rhymes with BOOM?

    by: Slaad11
The grey goo is stable as chowder,
the black stuff just stinks up the room.
But mixed with this powder,
it couldn’t be louder
‘cause fire will make it go boom!


While chuckling at your clever and spontaneous little rhyme, you’ve managed to mix up a batch of some horrible smelling goop which, if you have calculated correctly, should be quite unstable. In fact, you find yourself holding your breath and wincing at the close proximity of the jar to your personal space.

You whistle nervously as you cross the room and use your spoon to smear a small dab on the door to your room, near where you always hear it being unlatched from the other side. You then retreat to the other end of the room, setting the jar inside a metal box for safety, and pretend to concentrate on the inane project that you were last tasked with while you wait for the goblin that brings your less-than-delectable food every day around this time…

You have the following choice:

1. Continue

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Slaad11 (UN: slaad11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Slaad11 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1646527-The-Dark-Machine/cid/838637-What-rhymes-with-BOOM