*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Mickey walks in
  2. Captain Pete
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1676240-Pete-and-Mickey-Kingdom-Hearts/cid/955780-Mickey-walks-in
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Other · #1676240
This is about the story between Mickey Mouse and Pete and their relationship.
This choice: Mickey walks in  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Mickey walks in

    by: Ace of Kings
Mickey Mouse was standing outside of the big doorway with the sign "Captains Quarters" hanging on the door knob. Earlier there were two bigger, tougher, and stronger looking fellers who went in before him, both times they came out looking as angry as heck. Mickey guessed that Captain Pete turned them away. And if Captain Pete, a man known for taking some of the most dangers jobs on the river, turned down those two guys what would he want with someone as small and as scrawny as Mickey. But the young mouse was running out of options, he needed a job and fast. Back home he had no food and the rent was due, so if he failed here he would wind up on the streets.

With that in mind Mickey Mouse tried to imagined him self as a big strong Key Blade user who was about to enter a monster's cave and fight the beast. He sat up strait, pushed out his chest and giving the best heroic look he could do, and in his head he pictured himself as a mighty hero. For a moment he really did feel braver and more confident. However that all went away when a deep massive voice bellowed from the inside of the cabin, "NEXT!!!"

Despite his fear Mickey slowly walked up to the door and opened it. As he did he was hit by a wave of black tobacco smoke that made him gag for air, beyond that was a dark smoke filled room that really did look like a monster's cave. And behind a messy desk sat the monster. "He is huge!" Thought Mickey, he heard the stories of just how big and scary Pete was and they did fill his heads with pictures of a giant demon like cat that could use his bones as a tooth pick. Mickey could see he wasn't really that big, but through the darkness all Mickey could make out was a massive frame, lit end of a cigar, and two eyes that were locked on to him. Standing there with those two angry eyes staring directly at him made Mickey feel even smaller than normal.

Pete stared at the little mouse for a moment, shivering at the sight of him. He nearly life at the sight, the other two had just came walked into his office like they had already got the job. They were arrogant and foolish, and on his boat only Captain Pete was allowed to be arrogant. They were also rude and had huge egos, again something only Pete was allowed to have on his boat. Pete could tell they wouldn't give a rat's ass about their jobs, or his boat only the money that came their way. However this tinny little mouse was different, he seemed like the kind of guy that would be happy with any job he got and would know to keep inline and not try anything stupid. After a minuet thought of waiting for him to come in Pete's non-existing patins was fed up. "Stop your gawking and get in here!" Ordered Pete once more in his huge voice.

Mickey followed the order with out question and hurried inside. "Now shut the door." Order the dark figure with a quieter but still rather scary tone, Mickey obeyed out of fear of getting eaten by the giant. By the time he turned around his eyes had adjusted to the darkness and could make out the shadowy figure. He was a hug and bulky black cat with a somewhat big belly, but underneath that fat was a solid wall of muscle. His huge arms looked like thick tree branches and his hands were the size of Mickey's head. All he was wearing was captains hat and a pair of worn out overalls with a single strap on his right shoulder. But it was his face that kept Mickey's attention. Mickey was pretty good a reading people, he could often tell what kind of person he was dealing with just by looking at their faces but Pete was different. He looked mean and tough, yet also lonely and afraid to trust people. He also looked like an arrogant fool that would always let his pride and anger control him, and yet he also seemed to be smarter than most people would think. This made Mickey confused, which made him even more scared of the huge cat.

Pete took a good look at the tiny mouse that was sitting in front of him. He was wearing a pair of red shorts with two huge white buttons and a pair of yellow shoes, both looked old but clean and well maintained. Pete could also see that he was scared of the huge steamboat captain, yet he could also see a bit of bravery and loyalty in there that was covered by self doubt, not the self preservation like the other two had.

He was also seeing that Mickey was at least smart enough to keep his trap shut, so Pete decided to see if he was smart enough know how to open it. "So Mickey Mouse, why do you want to be my deck hand? Your fairly young, you are quivering like a leaf, and you are tinny. I need someone I can trust not to run at the first sign of trouble."

"Well,... Uh... Captain Pete." Mickey stammered, which seemed to make Pete even madder. "I know I'm small and skinny, but I wouldn't just run away when there's trouble. I would do stick with my Captain."

Pete gave Mickey an odd look, surprised by the fact he actually believed the pip squeak. "Ok pip squeak, but you didn't answer my first question. Why do you want to be my boat hand, I can see that your scared out of your pants by me."

Mickey thought for a moment, thinking that he should tell the Captain he always wanted to have an adventure on the river (which was partly true) but the angry look on Pete's face Mickey could tell that he would see right through his lies, he was after all an awful lier.

Taking a deep breath Mickey said, "I really need the money. I have nothing left, no job, no food, and soon I'm going to lose my home. I don't want you to think that I'm just going to sell you up the river or anything, I just want a good job with a paycheck not riches."

Grumpy Captain was impressed by his honesty, unlike the last to bone heads who made up some dumb stories of wanting adventure. "Listen tinny you don't need to feel bad about wanting money. This job is no dream, it will require hard labor followed by ether danger or more often boredom. So if you said you didn't want any money out of this I would have thrown you out for lying. But you seem like an honest kid that understands loyalty and what being a deck hand is really about, so you get it the job. Be here tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn we have large order to deliver and I need to start your training."

The big black cat then tossed the tinny mouse out the door before Mickey could react he then turned back to his desk, wiping his hands off and muttering to himself. "I like that boy."

You have the following choices:

1. The next day

*Noteb*
2. The next day

*Noteb*
3. The next day

*Noteb*
4. The next day

*Noteb*
5. The next day

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Ace of Kings (UN: aceking at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ace of Kings has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1676240-Pete-and-Mickey-Kingdom-Hearts/cid/955780-Mickey-walks-in