*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. To boldy go where no Xander has gone before!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1689073-Up-the-creek-and-no-paddle/cid/914193-To-boldy-go-where-no-Xander-has-gone-before
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Fanfiction · #1689073
When you wish you've really got to be careful what you wish for.
Chapter #1

To boldy go where no Xander has gone before!

    by: beast79
Xander Harris had had enough. Tonight was his eighteenth brithday, today he was a man. Today it seemed all of his friends didn't have time for him.

There were some he expected to snub him. Cordelia was his ex, of course she was going to snub him, if she acknowledged him at all today it would be to verbally abuse him. That one was a given. Faith he now knew would treat him like dirt because they'd had sex last week. Apparently his thinking they'd had something was him just being missinformed. He'd scratched Faith's itch and that was that. Faith wasn't one to back track.

Giles was a pseudo father figure, not his actual father and as usual the Britt seemed to have several hundred things up in the air at the moment. And with no way of telling which of those were life or death Xander wasn't going to begrudge him any lack of birthday well wishing. The same could be said of Joyce his pseudo mother figure, she also had several other things to deal with each probably more important than his wounded ego. Oz wasn't exactly his buddy, he was his best friend's boyfriend, at best their relationship was cordial. Wesley was an annoyance that Xander would be glad to see gone. The same could be said for Angel, he was a particular pain in the ass that Xander wouldn't mind loosing.

However Willow and Buffy were different stories altogether. His bossom budies had deserted him. He knew his birthday wasn't going to be the leading news item today. Buffy being the Vampire Slayer would naturally be more focussed on whatever supernatural freak of the week they were facing this week, however a kind word should still have been said, a simple, 'hey happy birthday Xan-Man'. She'd managed last year.

Willow forgetting was like a dagger to his heart. Willow his boon companion, the peanut butter to his jelly, the laurel to his hardy, had forgotten his birthday. That damn near took his breath away. It was a betrayal at the fundamental level. Xander knew that their friendship wasn't on solid ground like it had been since they'd been caught kissing each other by their significant others but he had no idea their little affair had cracked their freiendship this badly. For this was the first time in thirteen years that Willow had forgotten his birthday.

For Xander this was akin to saying grass was now red, water was now dry, up was down, cats and dogs were now living together, to quote the great Bill Muarry 'mass hysteria!'

Hands fisting in his hair Xander Harris gave in to frustraton and forgot that wishing was a bad thing. You never knew who could be listening and grant that wish, twisting it and perverting it to their own nefarious purpose.

"I wish I could go somewhere where people wanted someone like me around."

"Granted!" A voice far deeper than any human's came from some place out of the blue and in an instant Xander Harris dissappeared from sight.

You have the following choices:

1. Marvel Universe

*Noteb*
2. DC Universe

3. JLU/DC Animated

*Noteb*
4. Invincible/Image

5. OTHER

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 beast79 (UN: beast79 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
beast79 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1689073-Up-the-creek-and-no-paddle/cid/914193-To-boldy-go-where-no-Xander-has-gone-before