*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Her Turn
  2. Laura's first day
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1701793-Laura-Kilburn/cid/942986-Her-Turn
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1701793
Laura Kilburn is the newest member of the Justice League but she doesn't quit fit.
This choice: Her Turn  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Her Turn

    by: Ace of Kings
Laura watched as each of the superheroes in training was interview by the council. Soon they came to her and asked her to step up. To keep her hands from shaking she drew her sword and shield, holding them in her hands gave her the strength to walk up and face the council with out freaking out.

Looking at the members of the council she saw that for the most part they were all staring at her with warm welcoming faces, except for one. Wonder Woman was glaring at her as if to say "Why our we even wasting our time?" This made Laura stomach do back flips, but she took a deep breath and did her best to appear calm and controlled. They asked her to tell them about her self, her powers, and her reasons for joining the Justice League and she told them, "My name is Laura the Kilburn Warrior, I'm from Boston Mass, I'm 15 years old and powers come from the Celtic Gods and Spirits who have passed down the mantle of the Kilburn Warrior through out my family's history. My powers included enhanced strength, and agility. I also have a spiritual connection with all of my weapons, so if I don't intend to kill then they won't kill, but if I do want to cut something in half with my long sword then it could go even through kryptonian flesh like butter. The same is true with the rest of my weapons."

"Any known weaknesses?" Asked Hawk Girl.

"Well I'm not bullet proof or anything like that. The gods would see it as cowardly. But other than that no."

This time it was the Batman turn to talk, "I see that in your profile that you only get to keep your powers by pleasing your gods. What does that include?"

"Things like fighting bravery, only using my full powers when I need them, not hiding behind a secret identity, not using non natural enhancements to give me edge, pushing my self my self as hard as I can with out relining on my powers unless I have too, and pretty much live in an honorable manner."

"Those are pretty strict rules, some could even get in the way of being a superhero. Tell us if you can't use a secrete identity how do you plan to keep your loved ones from getting hurt? What if someone threatens them to control, how could we trust you not to give in?" Asked Wonder Woman, her voice was sarcastic and nasty, like she wanted Laura to fail.

Laura felt hurt that her hero would would want that, yet she still kept control of her self as she answered the best she could. "My father has been a Boston city police officer for 25 years and he never needed a secret identity so why should I need one? In the end I am nothing but a cop with special talents."

"Because of our powers we use secret identities because our enemies often attack our friends and family so they could gain power over us." Said Superman.

"Same was true for Martin Luther King jr but he didn't need to hide be hind a mask."

"Our you saying we should review our identities?"

"No, but that is because every one knows you by your superhero names. You have become symbols of justice and thats great. I just don't need one."

Superman was impressed by this girl, so far she has been direct, honest, and seemed to be sincere about fighting crime, but now he needed to ask one of the most important questions. "Laura we also need to know what has inspired you to be a superhero. We know that you are the Kilburn Warrior and therefore you must take heroic action, but you could have done it by becoming a cop or a solder and keep your powers a secret like the Kilburn warriors did in the past. So why do you want to be the first Kilburn Warrior superhero?"

"I feel that I could do more good if I came out about my powers instead of hiding them. I also think that the Justice League needs someone who has grown up in the kind of place were most criminals come from, someone who understands why they turn to crime." Laura said, her voice honest and true. The council was greatly impressed by her answers and felt that she made some good points.

You have the following choices:

1. Testing

*Noteb*
2. More questions

*Noteb*
3. Testing

*Noteb*
4. More Questions

*Noteb*
5. Testing

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Ace of Kings (UN: aceking at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ace of Kings has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1701793-Laura-Kilburn/cid/942986-Her-Turn