*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Another Version
  2. Laura's first day
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1701793-Laura-Kilburn/cid/948432-Another-Version
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1701793
Laura Kilburn is the newest member of the Justice League but she doesn't quit fit.
This choice: Her Turn  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Another Version

    by: Ace of Kings
Laura Kilburn was sitting on a bench waiting her for her turn to try out for the Justice League. This was something she dreamed of ever since the League was formed when she was 8. She should feel excited or nerves or anything for that matter! But instead she just felt... numb. So much had happen to her over the past two months she was having trouble taking it all in, forcing her to separate her self from her emotions or else she would have a mental brake down. It all started two months ago on her 16 birthday when she was finally given the powers and weapons of the Kilburn Warrior by the Celtic gods of old. It was great because not only was she given super strength and magical weapons but she would also be the first Kilburn Warrior in hundreds of years who would not have to hide their powers and that was all thanks to the League becoming a legitament peace keeping organization recognized by over three hundred countries including the U.S and China. She would be aloud to fight bad guys and criminals her way with out having to become a vigilantly which the gods frowned upon.

To celebrate this and to help her get in the League her father Frank let her get traditional Celtic warrior tattoos on her chest and back as well as her arms and ankles, and since they wouldn't let her ware armor the gods blessed the tattoos so that any enemy looking at would become slightly disoriented as well as intimidated them. At first she wasn't sure if she really wanted them, she never seen her self as a tattoo person. But once she got home and had a good look at them in the mirror, she had to say she liked them. Not only did they look cool with all the interlocking symbols, but somehow having them felt right, like getting these tattoos all over body completed her transformation into the Kilburn Warrior. She was still glad when she was off duty all she had to do was put on shirt to hide them. She also had no urge to get any body piecing, that was just to creepy.

For the next couple of days Laura felt like she was walking on clouds. Everything was going great, her father had started teaching her how to drive, and her spirt guides Brakas (male spirt of bards and legends) and Mordren (female spirit of heroes and warriors) were teaching her how to summon her super strength when ever she wanted and how much of it she wanted to use. (They warned her not to become dependent on her super strength in battle or else the gods would see her as weak and unworthy of being the Kilburn Warrior.) Every night she would check off the day on her calender as she counted down to the day she would try out for the League.

Then just when everything seem to be going her way something terrible happen, something that turned her entire world upside down. Three weeks before the day she was going to try out her father was on patrol when he got a call of a bank robbery. When he and his partner got there they exchanged gun fire with the robbers, killing one and injuring the other three. It wasn't until after the gun fight that Frank released that he too had been shoot in stomach. Luckily because of his bullet proof vest the wound didn't go in very deep, however the wound got badly infected while he was at the hospital. The doctors tried to stop it from spreading but it quickly reached his kidneys which were all ready weaken from his years of heavy drinking after his wife Michael died and was going to need a transplant as well as continuing treatment afterwards. Laura's family were by no means poor, both of her parents had been high ranking police officers and had invested wisely, but with 7 mouths to feed at home there was no way they would have been able to pay for the surgery her father needed to live. The only silver lining was that if Laura was able to join the FJL they would pay for her father's treatment. So her oldest brother Thomas came back from touring with his Celtic rock band The Bar Room Brawlers to take care of their 6 younger siblings, freeing Laura to go off and join the League.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Try outs

*Noteb*
2. Try outs

*Noteb*
3. Try outs

*Noteb*
4. Try outs

*Noteb*
5. Try outs

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Ace of Kings (UN: aceking at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ace of Kings has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1701793-Laura-Kilburn/cid/948432-Another-Version