*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Josh goes home
  2. Meet Joshua
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1740052-Joshua-Almighty/cid/1049969-Josh-goes-home
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Spiritual · #1740052
A ten year-old boy becomes God on Earth. How does he use his unlimited, divine powers?
This choice: Josh goes home  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Josh goes home

    by: Shangas
Josh watched Father Williams lock up the church. Still dressed in his white altar-boy robes, Josh started off home. He thought about the boy he met in church. The one with the black hair. What was it he said? Josh was now God with the power to do ANYTHING he wanted?

Josh thought about this and a shiver raced through his body. The power to...Josh shook himself. That was ridiculous! The kid was obviously some kind of looney. The power to do WHATEVER he wanted!? Josh scoffed and continued walking. He stopped at the corner and stared at the street ahead. He pressed the crossing-button and waited as traffic rushed past. Josh checked his watch. It was nearly time for his favourite cartoon show!

"Oh come on!!" he groaned. He could do the four-block dash easily...If the freakin' lights would turn green! And stay that way all the way home!

"Paaaauuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!"

The buzzer went off and Josh sprinted across the street! He dashed down the block and skidded to a halt at the next one! There was an electronic bleep and another loud buzzing noise as the next signal went off! Josh kept running! He sprinted right through the third intersection as the walk-signal went off there as well! He ran across the last intersection and skidded to a halt in front of his house! He checked his watch.

Five minutes.

No way!

Josh pulled out his keys and unlocked the front door.

"Mommah!" he called out, "Mommah! I'm home!"

Josh's mother, a sweet-looking woman who loved cooking, stuck her head out from around a doorway.

"Hey sweetums!" she called, "Your favourite show's on soon! But you better go wash all that candlesmoke out of your hair first!"

"Yeah momma!" said Josh. He sprinted upstairs. He stripped off his robes and pulled on a T-shirt and a pair of slacks and sprinted downstairs again!

"Josh! No running in the house!" his mother called after him.

"But momma! Ben 10's about to..."
"I don't care if they're launching the new movie-length premiere! NO RUNNING!"
"Sorry momma..."

Josh sighed. He headed to the couch and sat down. He turned on the TV in the living-room.

Miiiaaaooow

"Hey Munchie!"

A fat, yellow and white cat jumped onto Josh's lap and rested its head on his thigh. Suddenly, two smaller cats jumped onto his lap as well!

"Hey Friskers! Hey Fuzzles!...Heeey that tickles!" Josh giggled as the two kittens nuzzled him playfully. "Munchie! Tell Frisky and Fuzzies to stop nuzzling me! It tickles!"

The two baby kittens miaowed at their mother and curled up in Josh's lap.

"Awww...wook ad yoooouuu..." Josh said, stroking the cats playfuly "Adooorable widdle fuzzlebawllz..."

At the first commercial-break, Josh got up and headed to the kitchen for a snack. He closed the fridge-door to see Munchie, Friskers and Fuzzles at his feet.

"Huh?" he thought. He headed back to the TV. The cats followed him. Josh sat down. The cats jumped onto the couch. Josh moved to one side...the cats followed him. Josh moved to the other side of the couch. The cats followed him again.

"What the heck is going on here..." Josh thought. He stood up and backed away to the kitchen door. The cats followed him!

"Uuuh, Munchie...I...I know you all like me and stuff and I love you too...but...You don't have to follow me everywhere..."

The cat miaowed mournfully.

"Oh okay..."

The cat miaowed and nuzzled him. Josh smiled.

After dinner, Josh headed upstairs. He needed to relax. This had been a weird day.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Shangas (UN: fruffles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scriptboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1740052-Joshua-Almighty/cid/1049969-Josh-goes-home