*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Wizard spells
  2. Tryzantium Wizards
  3. Humanity
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1860225-Morphing-and-Magic/cid/1504238-Wizard-spells
by Yote
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Erotica · #1860225
Transformation in a world of wizardcraft and witchery
This choice: Five order spells  •  Go Back...
Chapter #9

Wizard spells

    by: Yote
In wizardry, spells can be channeled through either a verbal incantation or a physical motion (such as a gesture of the hand), or through a wand or staff. Wands are able to channel spells directly, bypassing physical and verbal components and conjuring the spell direct from the wizard's mind. This is vital for when a wizard is indisposed to speak or perform the intricate motions required for a spell, such as when in an animal form.

Without a wand at hand, a wizard runs the risk of becoming trapped in a form and will often secret their wand into a safe place before transforming, ensuring their ability to transform themselves back into human form.

Wands and staffs also help in aiming projectile spells, such as fireballs, and to hide the spellcaster's intent from their opponents.

Wands and staffs can be enchanted like any other item, and owners will often equip them with basic,commonly-used offensive spells, such as the standard fireball.

In addition to channeling, some spells require components that must be met in order to be cast. These may be as simple as an ingredient, such as eye of newt, that is consumed upon casting. Some are more complex. For example, the reverse self-transmutation used by Gold Order wizards to transform from an inanimate form to their human form requires them to be in contact with human flesh upon casting, and additionally they must be in possession of 100% of their body. The loss of an arm for example, will make them unable to revert until their arm is recovered.

While most Orders have their own set of spells castable only by themselves and sorcerers, there are a number of spells common to all Orders:

Common Pool Spellls

Low level spells
Invisible hand - allows you to manipulate objects from a distance with unseen forces.
Erase - removes writings of either magical or mundane nature from a target, erasing Symbols, Runes, and Sigils.
Tongues - this spell grants the creature touched the ability to speak and understand the language of any intelligent creature, whether it is a racial tongue or a regional dialect. The subject can speak only one language at a time, although it may be able to understand several languages. Tongues does not enable the subject to speak with creatures who don’t speak. The subject can make itself understood as far as its voice carries. This spell does not predispose any creature addressed toward the subject in any way. Tongues can be made permanent with a permanency spell.

Mid level spells
Familiarization - a spell that binds an animal to the wizard. The animal becomes the wizard's new familiar, sharing in its Master's toll and surrendering any magic ability it has.
Symbol of Silence - When scribed on an object or person, a Symbol of Silence mutes any noise the target makes. A wizard affected in this way is unable to cast spells with vocal components.

High level spells
Splice - fuses any two creatures or things. The outcome of fusion depends on the ability of the caster, though many result in abominations with (fortunately) short lifespans.
Permanency - This spell makes certain other spells permanent.

You have the following choices:

1. Crimson Order Magic

2. Talents

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Yote (UN: yote at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yote has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1860225-Morphing-and-Magic/cid/1504238-Wizard-spells