*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. At the restaurant
  2. 4'6"
  3. The start
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1876618-Shrinking-Hotel/cid/2158943-At-the-restaurant
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by None
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1876618
At the annual 2 month fair, you begin to shrink.
This choice: At the restaurant  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

At the restaurant

    by: None
Thankfully, nothing embarrassing happened once we left the room. I was taking in the much bigger world while being guided by my huge friends. Megan, who now stood at 5'9" lead us to the restaurant down the street. Thankfully Sierra was thoughtful enough to wait up for me when my little legs couldn't keep up with theirs.
"You kinda do look like a Barbie. If you hadn't worn pink lipstick, and a pink dress with blonde hair it wouldn't be so bad. Not to mention, well, your height of course."
"Yeah, matching pink with pink while as a blonde was something I never had to worry about before. I didn't really think about it. I was more worried with how I was gonna see over the sink to do my make up. And luckily I only shrank… well, I don't even know how much I shrank. But it could've been enough to actually be doll size. But now I'm really curious how small I am. I know smaller than Rachel barefoot, but I kinda wanna know the exact height."
Meanwhile in the front, Rachel and Megan were having their own conversation.
"Even in 6 inch heels I'm not as tall as you or Jessica. You two are so tall, I'm kinda jealous. Just how tall are you in those heels anyways? I've never seen you wearing those before."
"Uh, I think 5'9"? And yeah these are new! I got them a week ago. But, now you technically have Jessica beat in size. Poor girl. I seriously wanna know what happened to her… I feel asleep for 15 minutes and I wake up and she's… wait, how tall even is she now?"
"Not sure. But even barefoot I was still noticeably taller than her. She must've shrunken a lot. I might be a foot taller than her in these heels. We need to figure it out soon."

While we were waiting to be seated, we all had to stand since all the seats were taken. I was standing in front of Megan and I could've easily used her boobs as a head rest if I leaned back. Whenever she said something to me and I turned around to see her face, I was meet with cleavage and it made me feel littler every time. I swear I could hear the normal sized folks talking about how little I am. Maybe I was just paranoid. At one point I swear I saw these twins who couldn't be older than 10 or 11 walk by me and be taller than me as well.
When we were finally seated, much to my dismay, we ended up a small circular table for 4 towards the center of the restaurant. I was hoping for something more secluded to see/be seen by the least amount of people possible. Just as fate would have it, I ended up in between the two tallest girls, with Rachel directly across from me. In retrospect I realize there was no good seat in a circular table. I was only mildly annoyed when I was handed a kids menu. I think I was already used to being whatever height I was. That, or my feet not touching the ground when I sit was a constant reminder of my new diminutive stature. Despite hinting that I'm not a little kid when asking for an adult menu, I was still brought out a Coke in a kids cup.
"Excuse me ma'am," I started, "can I have a regular size cup please?"
"You want a big girl's cup?" She turned to Megan, who I guess she assumed was my big sister and asked if its ok. Instead of setting the record straight she played along leading our waitress to believe we were sisters. She brought out my "big girl's cup" and said "don't drink too much caffeine; it'll stunt your growth!" While the other giants just laughed. I visually sized her up and concluded that I was at least 3 inches taller than her at full size, and thought to myself "if only she knew that I'm bigger than her…"
I was curious as if I sounded like a little girl too, and when I asked they all said my voice was a little higher pitched, which I guess explains why I'm being treated like a 9 year old. But I still have a developed body, so I don't really understand.
My three full-sized friends all reached for complimentary chips at the center of the table, and I was debating whether I should even try for it. Rachel must've seen me stare at the chips and asked if I want some. I said yes, and reached for them, only to be defeated by the distance from me to them despite my chair being pushed in all the way. Megan's insanely long arms had no problem swooping in, grabbing a handful of chips (which for me would probably be two handfuls) and dropping them on my napkin for me. I thanked her and after eating a few salted chips, I went for the first sip of my drink. The cup was so large that I actually could not grab it with one hand. I put both of my hands around, lifted it, not expecting it to be so heavy, took a sip and nearly spilled it on myself. It must've been obvious that i was struggling, since the waitress, who arrived just in time to see my struggle, asked, in a voice that clearly was meant for a little kid, "Are you sure you don't want a smaller cup, sweetie?" I think her calling me sweetie pissed me off more than the voice for whatever reason. I didn't snap at her though, there's no way she was doing it on purpose. So instead I said I'm fine, and I was determined to use the regular size cup for the rest of the night. After she took our orders and left, Megan looked down at me and said "maybe you should invest in using a straw for the night" and widened her eyes as she easily grabbed her cup with one hand and took a long sip. I hated using straws for whatever reason, but after almost spilling soda on myself again I admitted defeat.
"Do short girls usually get treated like this?!" I asked the table.
"Oh yeah." Rachel replied. By the time we all shifted our gaze at her she had closed her eyes, eat a chip that was dipped in salsa, and was nodding her head as a follow up to her answer.

The rest of the night was pretty standard. There were a few conversations that really stood out, and unsurprisingly, they were al about my height. The first was Sierra bringing up me shrinking again.
"You're like, 'proportionally' smaller. You didn't just get shorter, because you're not the same 'width' as you were before," she was explaining to us. "To you, you're the same size, weight, and everything. Pretty much the world around you got bigger."
"That makes sense… I saw these twins walk by me when we were waiting to be seated and they seemed 'bigger' than me. They couldn't have been more than an inch or so taller, but they definitely were, uh, 'wider', as you put it." This explanation made a lot of sense. If I was just shorter, all my clothes would still fit me, but just be way too long on me. Instead, I can hardly hang one of my shirts on one shoulder.
Thankfully they didn't want to harp on the same conversation all night long, so Rachel quickly changed the conversation about what tomorrow's plan is. I'm sure it was to get my mind off of me shrinking, but I just sat there and listened to everything they said and just wondered how they expect me to continue on with tomorrow like this. The next crack about my size came from when our food came out. The plate and serving size of the chicken Parmesan I ordered was insanely bigger than I remembered.
"Wow… this is way too much food." I said as the waitress sat the food down in front of me. "Maybe I should have ordered the kid's meal!"
"Or split it with your big sister!" The waitress added. I honestly don't even think we look alike, and we've hardly ever gotten comments of us saying we do, so I don't know how she thinks we could be sisters… different mom or dad maybe? No clue. I didn't wanna call her out though.

I ate less than half of my food, when the rest of the girls ate theirs entirely.
"I feel like shrinking affected my body I'm weird ways. I'm still a normal size, but everything is much heavier, like I feel like I'm weaker. I also think I lost my appetite. I would eat all this food easy. I really in shape too, Megan and I always go to the gym, but walking over to here made me kinda tired too. Maybe I'm just not used to being this small."
The last conversation that stood out to me was I saw a girl I recognized. Rachel and I used to be flyers, when I was still the second smallest girl on the team at 5'1", before my growth spurt, and we were super into it. After I grew past all the girls, I quit since I didn't want to be a tall cheerleader cause I couldn't be a flyer. Rachel and I saw this one girl who was only 4'7" and cheers for her school through a viral picture where she standing between the two tallest girls at her school (pic for reference: http://www.sammielitten.com/uploads/5/8/...). I kinda wanted to go say hi to her since I knew who she was and I follow her on social media, so when we paid the check, Rachel and I went together. We introduced ourselves to her and when she stood up to talk to us, my heart sank as I realized I was shorter than even her. I had thought I was 4'8" but surely enough 4'7" Sammie Litten had more size on me easily, by a rough estimate of two inches. We talked for a bit but in the back of my mind I was kinda freaking out. Not wanting to be rude, we said bye to her so she could go back with her friends, but before I left I had to ask.
"Say, are you sure you're only 4'7"…?"
"Well, 4'7" and a half! How about you?"
"I was under the impression I was 4'8", but clearly not!" Sammie told us that she is staying at the same hotel as us for the same event and that'd she'd love to meet up so we can talk more about cheerleading.
Once we left I was really curious how small I became, so I made it our mission to find a tape measure. We made it back to the hotel and Sierra thought of checking the front desk to see if a maintenance employee would have one, and luckily enough he did.
"Wow… only 4'6!" Rachel said. "A whole foot!"
Since it was getting late, we talked about it on the way to our room. We decided to head to Megan and my room to talk a little more. Rachel was kind enough to let me borrow some pajamas, which where a little big on me since it was for her size. We all wanted to talk more, the moment I laid down on that bed, I passed out.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. I wake up bigger

*Noteb*
2. I wake up same size

*Noteb*
3. I wake up smaller

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 None (UN: andreza at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
None has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1876618-Shrinking-Hotel/cid/2158943-At-the-restaurant