*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Close Encounters of Another Kind
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1905030-Hypergaia/cid/1473866-Close-Encounters-of-Another-Kind
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1905030
A world full of giant humans and advanced technology has been discovered. Another GT story
Chapter #1

Close Encounters of Another Kind

    by: The Black Mamba
Touchdown. The Blazer landed on the surface of this new, strange planet. Gravity and oxygen levels were detected to be approximately the same as Earth's. Everyone took off their astronaut gear and waited for instructions from the Captain.

"Lieutenant Dixon! Front and center!" shouted Captain Skyler Lewis.

An officer from the crowd came and stood in front of the captain. He saluted.

"Take your men and scout the planet. We need more intel," said the Captain.

"Yes, sir," said the Lieutenant. He saluted again then waded back into the crowd, taking five men with him.

"Private Young! Join Dixon!" shouted the Captain.

You were caught off guard. You marched with them, trying to keep up your pace to be last in line. Lieutenant Dixon led his crew to the vehicle depot, where rows of Ford Escapes were lined up. The Lieutenant pressed a button as he entered. Yellow "boots" were released, enabling the cars for deployment. Had the "boots" not been active the cars would undertake weightlessness and wreck the depot.

"Everyone enter this one! Private Young, take the gun," said Dixon.

Everyone piled into a Ford. Every car was specially equipped with a turret in case of hostile alien activity. All the doors and windows were removed so entering and exiting were easy for any man. You took the turret in the back while the Lieutenant took shotgun. Corporal Thomas Clayton took the wheel with a sneer on his face. The Lieutenant gave orders before the trek.

"We are about to scout the planet. Stay sharp and keep an eye out for any otherworldly activity. Intel suggests human-like creatures inhabit the planet, but do not be deceived. Any hostile activity and we go back to the shuttle with as much intel as we saw. Corporal, start the car."

"Yes sir." Clayton exited the vehicle depot and onto the surface, warm and rocky. The Escape stopped only for souvenirs, which they found surprisingly similar to Earth's. Hours later they saw something in the distance.

"Lieutenant, what is that?" you say as you point to two tan pillars that seemed to appear out of nowhere, covered in fog.

"I don't know," the Lieutenant responds. "Corporal, drive closer." The pillars remained fixed as the Escape headed towards the pillars. You were highly curious why such oddly colored and shaped pillars would be doing in a natural environment similar to Earth's.

You entered the fog and the Corporal turned the brights on. Then the car reached a valley, and you couldn't believe your eyes. Were those toes? Was that an enormous foot? That foot was around four times the size of the car. "T-t-tasers, everyone," said Dixon. "We have ourselves an extremely oversized human."

Just then the "pillars" shifted. A voice said boomed from above in a language none of you could understand. Strong impulses forced you to shout, "Do not hurt us! We have tasers!"

Lieutenant Dixon shot you a look that said, Private! You're going to get us killed!

The voice above said, "So it is true..." in English, in a very reflective tone.

Seconds later you see a giant hand loom over the Escape. It grabbed you and you saw the figure walking away, grasping you in its hand. It was a moment of total terror. You yelled at it to try to get its attention, but it quickened its pace, and it turned into a run. Its footsteps were like thunder, deep and loud, but not too loud for you to have to cover your ears.

You exited the fog and saw the figure more clearly. It was... human. Rather, it was a beautiful giant woman with you in her right hand, wearing modern clothes. You estimated she was around 200 feet tall, from another world, yet frighteningly similar to a normal human.

"Ma'm!" You tried to get her attention again. To which she responded in fluent English, "There's no time to explain. My people wish to see you quickly."

So saying, you were taken somewhere else. Where are you now?
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The Black Mamba (UN: brainiac222 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Black Mamba has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1905030-Hypergaia/cid/1473866-Close-Encounters-of-Another-Kind