*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1910140-A-world-without-sickness/cid/1630789-Jenny-runs-into-a-friend-on-the-bus
by MC
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1910140
The common cold was extinct until a scientist who may be a little mad brought it back.
This choice: Jenny runs into a friend on the bus  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Jenny runs into a friend on the bus

    by: Killi
"Jenny! Hey!"
Jenny looked up from the window to see her friend Tiffany approaching down the aisle. She immediately sat up a little straighter to make room for her friend on the seat next to hers.
"Hi Tiffany. what's up?"
"Not much. College is pretty dull, work's pretty busy. Only two weirdos this morning."
"Wow, you're really bucking the average these days, Tiff. So, come on, what were today's like?" Jenny smiled. Tiffany had been working shifts in a coffee shop lately, and Jenny liked to hear about her more unusual customers.
"Well, weirdo numero uno wanted six syrup shots in his coffee, and when I made it for him he was all "What, no comment? Six syrups, you got nothing to say about that?" and whe I was all "nah, not my job to question how you want your coffee" he straight up reached over and tried to full-on hug me."
Jenny smiled "Not always a bad thing, Tiff."
"He smelled funny, Jenny."
"Ah. Commiserations, then."
Tiffany sighed theatrically. "Worst part is, I reckon he'll come back 'cause he was going on about finally having found a server who gets it, so I don't..." But by that point Jenny had stopped listening, because the tickle was back, and it seemed as though this time it had decided to hang around at the back of her nose for a while, promising an explosion in the future, but not delivering just yet. It was sufficiently irritating to keep Jenny from following Tiffany's stories with her full attention, though, and she kept wrinkling her nose in the hope of coaxing it into either going away or getting on with it. This tickle wouldn't be rushed, though, and even when it began to spread, it did so at a snail's pace. Jenny felt her breath involuntarily slow and deepen, and it was getting harder to keep her eyelids up, but relief still felt a long, long way away.
By the time the tingling sensation began to tease the edges of Jenny's nostrils, even Tiffany had noticed something was up.
"Jenny?"
Jenny held up a finger, illogically scared of scaring the tickle back into the recesses of her nose. Tiffany fell obediently quiet, and the only sound left in Jenny's head was her own breathing, impossibly loud. As she kept breathing steadily in and out, letting the tingling grow, she felt her nostrils begin to flare in time with her breaths. Once. Twice. Thr-
"HA-CHIEW!" Jenny sneezed, her whole body jerking forward with it. Not finished, the tickle surged through her again, utterly irresistible. "HhhhieecHEW!" Jenny's head flew forwards again, this time coating Tiffany in a thin film of spray.
"Eew! Jenny! Cover it up for once, girl!"
Truth be told, Jenny was a little embarrassed, but she wasn't about to admit it to Tiffany.
"Oh, get over it, Tiff. It's not hurting anyone."
"It's not exactly polite though. And you've got to admit, it's kind of gross. I've got tiny bits of you all down my arm."
Jenny giggled.
"Alright, fair point, Tiff. I'll try to be more careful."
Tiffany smiled back, showing that she wasn't really that bothered by it. Then she glanced out of the window and pressed the button to indicate she wanted to get off at the next stop.
"Now I" "have to change for class this afternoon. Catch you later, Snottles."
As Tiffany stood to go, Jenny called out, "Hey, Tiff."
"Yeah?" Tiffany turned, leaning back over the seat. Jenny leaned in and whispered,
"I think you might have some of me down your top as well." before leaning back with a wicked grin.
"Eew!" Tiffany wiped feverishly at the exposed skin above her v-neck. "Gross, Jenny!"
Jenny just laughed as her friend hurried to get off at her stop.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Jenny continues home

*Noteb*
2. Tiffany prepares for class

3. Jenny continues to a different destination

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Killi (UN: killishandra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MC has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1910140-A-world-without-sickness/cid/1630789-Jenny-runs-into-a-friend-on-the-bus