*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1949195-Last-Man-Standing/cid/1708585-A-gradual-cultural-shift-towards-feminized-men
by Yote
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Erotica · #1949195
You're the last man on Earth. Try not to die by snu-snu.
This choice: A gradual cultural shift towards feminized men  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A gradual cultural shift towards feminized men

    by: Yote
You're not the last man on Earth, not yet, though it certainly feels that way sometimes. Perhaps it's something in the water, perhaps it's just the way society is heading, but guys sure seem to have become kind of... girly recently, a fad that has been simultaneously referred to as the "new macho" and "fourth-wave-feminism".

All around you, guys are embracing feminine culture and fashion with both hands, donning makeup and jewelry and pretty clothes and soft, lacy lingerie. Among young men, it has become a popular sport to prove how manly and secure you are by competing to dress and act the girliest, most effeminate, most sissified caricature of womanhood possible.

Even if the craze burns itself out after a few months, as is forecast, the feminine fad is becoming ever more pervasive, those determined to be at the cutting edge of fashion have begun altering themselves chemically, even surgically.

-|-|-|-|-|-


"You ever get the feeling like you're the last man left on the planet?"

"You say that like it's a bad thing," Nathan replies.

You've made the mistake of eating lunch at a cafe too close to the city college. The street outside the cafe window is lousy with students sporting the latest fashion. It is a river of pink. Groups of young men totter past in high-heels, guffawing loudly with their mates at the absurdity of it all, while you see one teenager (steaming drunk at 2pm) proudly showing off his latest tattoo to a gaggle of admiring female students. It is a baby unicorn riding a rainbow, tattoed over the entirety of his red raw chest. The girls laugh and try to touch it, and the man flinches away with over-the-top, high-pitched shrieks.

The beautician school has set up a tent in the street, and are offering free, full-body waxes, and other treatments to give their students a chance to train. A queue of excited males runs out of the tent and down the road. Men go in. Primping sissies with ribbons in their bleach blonde hair emerge, admiring the colour of their new nail varnish. Little by little, the male populace is changing, becoming a warped reflection of the fairer sex.

"What's your problem with it? It's just guys enjoying themselves and exploring their sexuality."

"Don't give me that. They're not exploring anything. They're just imitating what some idiot on TV is doing because they're too dumb to think for themselves."

Nathan shakes his head. "Hey now. Justine Bieber is a pioneer and a saint, and I won't hear a bad word said about her. She's single-handedly convinced an entire generation of men that dressing up like a pretty princess is the coolest thing in the world." He grins broadly. "Meanwhile I'm filling my boots with their dissatisfied girlfriends. I'm counting like five or six disgruntled girlfriends a month. They're all so gagging for my retro-masculine charms, honestly it's like fucking fish in a barrel. You should see this like I do, as an opportunity, not the end of society as we know it. And plus, it means we get to wear these..." he says, rising in his chair and twisting around to show you the seat of his trousers, onto which the word SLUT has been spelt out with sequins.

You don't notice, your attention is distracted outside the cafe window. "Look at this fucking poser," you exclaim, pointing angrily at a boy walking past the window. His hair has been dyed a neon pink, doused with enough product to make it rigid, and styled and permed into an elaborate, swirling, curling mountain of candy-floss hair. Glitter has been sprinkled generously on top and Christmas lights woven into it, winking on and off. You bang loudly on the glass. "Hey! Hey you! Get a haircut, fag! Pride parade isn't for three months."

You slump back into the chair as the boy merely waves back coyly and blows a kiss. Such an outburst is uncharacteristic for you but you feel that somebody has to stand up for the side of sanity.

"That wasn't very enlightened," Nathan sniffs. "This is the 21st century, you know. If a guy wants to wear a floral skirt and style his hair like an ice cream cone, who are we to say its wrong. You wouldn't say women can't wear trousers, would you?" He finishes off his dinner. "You need to learn to relax. You need..."
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Yote (UN: yote at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yote has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1949195-Last-Man-Standing/cid/1708585-A-gradual-cultural-shift-towards-feminized-men