*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Out In The Woods
  2. Lilith Schnider
  3. Hell Freezes Over
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1979310-The-Five-Forgotten-3/cid/2551218-Out-In-The-Woods
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Horror/Scary · #1979310
A final five survivors face the undead.
This choice: Greenleaf Nature Preserve  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Out In The Woods

    by: evil dude
Lilith frowned as she stalked through the snow-covered bushes and low tree branches of the Greenleaf Nature Preserve, desperatly trying to find the path she had lost just over an hour ago. She had fled the town earlier in the day when walking corpses began attacking everything in sight and had managed to meet up with some local thugs who were looting a small camping and sports supply store. They seemed like cool enough people so Lilith helped them score some new gear and intended to ride out this little disaster as a group.

Unfortunately, they got separated when Lilith made a trip to the clothing section to grab a thicker coat and a small horde of the things stormed in through the front door. The others did a good job fighting them off but Lilly had been forced to flee out the back before a stray group pinned her in the corner next to the tents and blankets. After a few close calls running from them down the street she came across a minivan with the front door wide open.

Inside was a fresh corpse and a pair of keys in the ignition, just what she need to make a getaway. She bashed the corpse with a bat she had taken from supply store as it began to reanimate and climbed inside. Just as she cleared the border on the edge of town a mangled corpse she had missed in the heavy snowfall popped a tire and nearly sent her crashing into a ditch. Pissed off, cold and vengeful Lilly stormed out of the wrecked vehicle and noticed a nearby sign directing her to a nature preserve a few miles deeper into the woods.

After cursing up a storm she headed off down the trail with her bat at the ready in search of a park ranger or anyone else who could explain just what the hell was going on. The trip was peaceful for the first hour or so until a zombie deer with a ripped out throat attacked her and forced her off the trail. She ultimately managed to kill it with minimal injuries, but the path was nowhere to be found. Thus, she found herself in her current predicament.

As she came to a small river she noticed a bridge further down the hillside behind a thick bunch of snow-covered trees. "Finally, now maybe I can get back on track." Lilith grumbled as she made her way down to the bridge, only to find that most of the center had collapsed and floated further downstream. "Fuck my fucking life." Lilith cursed as she looked over the damage. A few thin supports looked sturdy enough to hold her weight, but it would be risky to cross over using them.

Lilith rubbed her head as she tried to figure out what to do.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 evil dude (UN: evilguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
evil dude has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1979310-The-Five-Forgotten-3/cid/2551218-Out-In-The-Woods