*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2027122-GoT-Interactive-Story-Competition/cid/1986747-Aris-agrees-to-Jarens-plan-and-they-prepar
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Community · #2027122
When you're ar the brink of war, what choices do you make? Which road do you take?
This choice: Aris agrees to Jaren's plan and they prepare to attach Castle Winebrook.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Aris agrees to Jaren's plan and they prepar...

    by: Smee
Aris swallowed hard, trying to drive down his nerves. He was leading the ambush group lying in wait for the fleeing Lord coming east. Being one of their best with a bow it made sense for him to head this group, but it made him anxious not knowing how the rest of the plan was going, and having to rely on Jaren so much. It was Jaren's own plan though, and Aris wasn't so proud yet as to be unwilling to admit it was a good one.

The woodlands curled around the old keep like a horseshoe. Finding a good location on each side to set up the illusion march was easily done. Aris had adapted the plan slightly and took five men from each group to bolster his own force. The remaining twenty five on each side would have to run a little harder to maintain the illusion but it was his group that would actually be engaging the enemy. Aris felt better with a wall of twenty five arms-men between him and his archers should the Lord have a larger retinue than expected. It was no coincidence they were some of the better armed and armoured too.

A growing spiral of smoke was rising up in the distance. He was trying to take it as a good sign, but the bigger it grew the harder it was to convince himself something hadn't gone wrong. The plan was to stay put, but what if Jaren was in trouble?


249 words *Checkb*

You have the following choices:

1. Hold still - keep the ambush in place.

2. Send a scout to check

*Noteb*
3. Ride back with everyone

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Smee (UN: smeedyer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gaby ~ Way behind! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2027122-GoT-Interactive-Story-Competition/cid/1986747-Aris-agrees-to-Jarens-plan-and-they-prepar