*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2047789-My-Sokka-stories/cid/2004227-Avatar-book-one-Learning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #2047789
This will have multiple interactives where I have Sokka as the main character.
This choice: Avatar book one Learning  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Avatar book one Learning

    by: FlashWally22
Katara's Voice: 10 years ago my father Southern Water Tribe Chief found the lost Avatar. With the power of the White Lotus members and my father the Avatar defeated the Fire Lord. Now, ten years later the Avatar was assassinated letting the last airbender die and the world with a doomed cycle of Avatar. Then the Lady of the Moon came to the Southern Water Tribe as the only current tie to the spirit world. Seeking knowledge from the world to find a new cycle of the Avatar spirit. As the Avatar now doubted that cycle of the elements would not last long cause of the benders need to be more powerful than another element. Not understanding that no one element is stronger than all elements. And this is where we begin our story.

Sokka after a bow said to the gathered council, "Lady of the North, Chief of the South and Elders. I present to you the boomerang."

Yue said to him unimpressed, "Your idea is a boomerang?"

Hakoda embarrassed, "Just hear him out Lady of the North. You've heard all others, the least you could do is listen to him."

Yue nods as Sokka continues, "It flies through the Southern Skies, not evil, not good. Just a boomerang, it did not ask for this life, but it lives it none the less."

Yue looks on as she whispers, "If this were a poem I'd wait until the theatre."

Hakoda then nodded as he whispered back, "He is a bit melo dramatic."

Sokka threw down his arm as he then shouted at them, "Each of you benders is amazing and so great. But, I'm not, I'm just the guy who's regular. But, you need me and I will never turn my back on you. So, don't turn your back on me!"

Yue shocked with someone, anyone for that matter just yelling at her, decided to hear him out.

Sokka then continued, "The boomerang is meant to fly and attack, like any warrior. But, the problem is that anyone can pick it up and throw it. But, if you train with it. You become a master with it. If anything all benders that out weigh the regular unamazing guy are all different. Can a firebender master water bending? No, this is why I say that fire and water don't mix. Cause, in reality they do mix, haven't you ever had soup? It's water and fire working together, but you put a bender from each in a room and there will be the steam of war in only 5 minutes. But, no matter what warriors I've met and fought. After a little bit of combat we both realize that we are the same. We're both the regular people that use weapons as our elements. And any person, bender or not, that fights with a weapon will have just as much advantage as another person. So, the my proposal to the next avatar is not to learn the new ways of knowledge, or start the air nomads again. But, to learn the basic tool of man and woman, the boomerang."

The spirit of the Avatar then said outloud, "This mortal is a genius."

Yue smiled as she then said to him, "Congratulations Sokka you are a genius, I will put you incharge to be the next avatar's teacher."

Sokka shocked complained, "I'm the guy with the boomerang I didn't ask for all this bending and magic. I just presented this cause my dad asked me too. I don't even want to do this."

Yue then looked at him as if looking down upon him" You don't want to serve the Avatar? What kind of warrior are you?"

Sokka then explained, "The kind that protects his people, not the world. If you want to put the world on someone's shoulders. Find the avatar."

Yue then said to him, "I would if I could, but the Avatar won't be ready for another 16 years. But, if you establish a equal system of weapon for the Avatar to learn then you'd serve the world and your people."

Sokka then looked at her as he said to her, "Alright, I'll do it."

Yue said to him seeking his advice, "Alright, so what is the proposed balance to the world of weapons?"

Sokka then smiled as he said to her now that the light was on him, "There are four classes of weapons like there are four elements. The distance fighter like the Boomerang, my personal favorite. But, then there is the blunt item such as the club my second favorite. The third is blade such as the whaleshark tooth scimitar not my favorite. And lastly, the unarmed combat such as Polar Bear Dog Wrestling that we of the Southern Water Tribe Warriors learn for basic learning."

Yue smiled as she then said to him, "Very good Master Sokka. Then I have but one assignment for you, find the next avatar. You will be equipped properly and given time to harness your teaching skills among the Southern Water Tribe. Take any means that you deem necessary to complete this task. You have 13 years to accumulate what you need to know to teach the next Avatar in the art of fighting without the aid of the elements. As Avatar spirit has choosen to not be in a child with the elements at their call."

Sokka then shook his head as water benders looked worried struck. He then asked questioningly, "Wait, when you say the Avatar will not be one with the elements do you perhaps mean?"

Yue cut him to it as she said with a nod, "Yes, Master Sokka, the next Avatar shall be one of weapons and body. They will be learning to harness something anyone can harness but be the ultimate champion. Capable of leading any man, woman or young into battle with confidence behind them."

Nodding Sokka then grinned, "Then, I'll enjoy training the next Avatar for sure. But, I, humbly decline to be the teacher of the Avatar."

Shock came to Yue as she was about to ask why when he explained, "I am but one person, from the Water Tribe. Sure, I've mastered the Southern arts. But, what about the Jian Sword of the Fire Nation? What about the true Spear Masters of the Northern Water Tribe? The Hammer wielders of the Earth Kingdom? And other people that use weapons of all kinds. If any thing I could be a master of the basics. But, I would like to search the world for the real teachers of the Avatar. Four people that I would deem to be unique fighters of the world that would open a school and teach students of any origin. Rich, poor, man, woman, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, Water Tribe, talented or not. I want to find the true master of unarmed combat. The true emissary of distance weapons. A true devotee to the blunted and a true veteran of the blade. I am a master of basics of the Southern Water Tribe arts. I know as much about the Boomerang as my dad, no more. I'm definitely no Notai when it comes to the blade. So, I will teach the Avatar the knowledge of the basics and nothing more. That is if life will be a kind enough mistress and let me live to see that day."

Yue nodded as she said to him, "Then that is your mission, until you find the Avatar or someone else does. You are to find the true masters and learn all you can from them. Then notify them that they are a master. I will make sure word gets out to the world. In the mean time learn all you can here and select your traveling party to go with you on your journey."

Nodding Sokka then turned as he was dismissed and walked over to a group of warriors. One of them cheered as she ran up to him and tackled him into a hug followed by a noogie. She then pulled back and regained her demeanor saying to him in her velvet voice, "Good job, captain."

A beautiful girl with shoulder length curly brown hair. She had six hair loopies leading to the back where they collected in a bun that lead to the nice braided tail in the middle of her shoulder length curly hair. Her eyes were steel gray with her lips painted red. She had a healthy c-cup bosom held in her bindings that would be hinted at from her fur tank top. The tank top stopped at her midriff with wrapping going down her waist and above suggesting leading to her bindings. She had fur made arms warmers and had attached long sleeve over her left hand that hid her left hand. Her legs were covered in wool leggings with large fur calf warmers and a blue skirt much like Katara's from the other day with an icon of the front of a wolf's head that was a real wolf's head pelt. She wore a pair of boots that were brown and on her back she had a quiver, with a bow held in a place holder by the quiver of arrows. At her waist was a bone machete with a few animal drawings on it telling a story.

Sokka nodded as he said to her, "Thank you, Notai. So, meeting at the Chief's hut tomorrow second in command."
Nodding Notai then turned to six other soldiers wearing wrapping around their necks and lower half faces, "Tomorrow meeting at the Chief's hut for mission duty."

The six stomped their right foot and took their right fist to their left shoulder. Then they said to her, "Yes ma'am."

Taking their arm's back down they then went out to their houses. Sokka then looked to the sky as he said outloud, "Looks like I have a new chapter in my life starting soon."

You have the following choices:

1. Canon route

*Noteb*
2. Something Else Happens!

*Noteb*
3. Something Else Happens!

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 FlashWally22 (UN: m-2mousecyborg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
FlashWally22 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2047789-My-Sokka-stories/cid/2004227-Avatar-book-one-Learning