*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Go find Mallory
  2. The New Guy
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2076876-Archer-GTS-Shrinking/cid/2580520-Go-find-Mallory
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Other · #2076876
Enter the world of Archer as ISIS's newest field agent.
This choice: Go find Mallory  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Go find Mallory

    by: Hero for Hire
This was a chapter request for user ‘war’. If you’d like to request a chapter yourself, please send me a message.

P.S. Sorry it took a whole year, war! But here it is...


Your excitement was quickly dulled by the reality of the situation. Sure, being this tiny was cool and all, but, you’re also at a huge risk - all it took was one misstep from one of your new colleagues and you’re finished! Plus at this size, all the dust and general dirt on the floor was more akin to rubble from an earthquake. And didn’t Lana say something about animals? This was bad. You paced back and forth trying to come up with a game plan.

Mallory was the only solution. She’s the one in charge here, she must have some sort of contingency plan! Though, you doubt there’s a company policy on ‘What to do when your new guy shrinks’. Regardless, she’s your safest bet. How long would it take to walk back to Mallory’s office? Hours? Days? What can you eat? How will you find water?

As you considered the logistics of your journey, a solution found itself falling into your lap. Or rather, stomping dangerously close into your personal space. Giant crashing footsteps that got louder with each step sent vibrations through your entire body. You looked up to the doorway and saw Lana walking in. Mallory wasn’t kidding; she really is heavy on her feet!

She stopped in the doorway and scanned the room for you.

“Anon..?” she slowly drew her gun from her holster. You made a mental note to inform Mallory of the total disregard for firearm safety in the workplace. You didn’t speak. You were frozen. You wanted to call out or, at the very least, move away from the middle of the room but there’s a freaking giant right in front of you! Your brain struggled to send any messages to your legs as it was busy still trying to process this woman as an actual human and not a skyscraper.

Lana took a step forward. Although to her, she was slow and deliberate in her stride, you still felt the harsh vibration when her boot hit the floor. She took another step. This time, right toward you.

“Oh, fuck...” you whispered, you closed your eyes and prepared to meet your end. You always knew you’d die in this field of work but you’d hoped for a more dignified end. The shadow of Lana’s boot cast over you and you braced for impact.

CRUNCH

Lana looked down, shocked at the sudden noise from under her boot. She lifted her foot to reveal the - now shattered - syringe she’d given Anon before she left. She noticed only broken glass on the floor and no residue. Anon had injected whatever was inside. She bent down to pick up the glass only to notice something next to the rubble; a tiny man with his eyes closed.

“Anon?”

The voice was louder than before. Definitely closer. You opened your eyes. You’re not dead! To your left you saw a pile of broken glass and dead ahead you saw Lana’s giant face. You surprised by your own composure. Less than a minute ago, you were preparing to die a most gruesome death and now you’re staring a giant in the face. Most people would be freaking out by now. But what surprised you more was her composure. She hardy seemed phased that she almost killed her new colleague. She looked at you with cold eyes, almost unimpressed.

“A shrinking formula. Huh.” she spoke as if this was an everyday occurrence.

“Um... yeah, so I found out what the syringe did...”



Being carried was a strange feeling. Sitting in Lana’s hand was like being in a plane with no roof and no seatbelt. And lots of turbulence. Being away from the dusty floor made you feel a lot cleaner but the warmth coming from your new-found mode of transport made you uncomfortably hot. You loosened your tie and opened your shirt’s top button. It did little to cool you down.

It didn’t take long to get to Mallory’s office. Being carried was definitely better than walking no matter the heat! Lana walked past Cheryl and Pam and through the double doors without so much as a friendly glance. You weren’t sure if they saw you or not - Lana may have been walking to fast - but you wouldn’t want too many people to see you like this anyway. As far as embarrassing first days go, getting yourself shrunk within 10 minutes of starting your shift had to be the worst.

You were dropped on Mallory’s desk with little fanfare and the the two women stared at each other. Mallory looked at you over her glass of brandy then back at Lana.

“He’s tiny.” she said simply.

“Another one of Krieger’s brilliant experiments.”

“Well, what good does an agent the size of my thumb do me?!”

“Krieger’s fault. Not mine. So...” Lana unholstered her gun again and pointed the barrel - large enough for you to sit in - right at you. “He’s no use now, right?”

You scurried away from the gun, heading for the edge of the desk. You might survive the fall but a bullet bigger than you would turn you into paste without a doubt. You turned to see Lana watching you make your daring escape with little urgency. You turned again to see Mallory’s hand blocking your path. You weren’t able to stop in time and crashed right into it.

“That’s quite enough of that. Lana, put away your gun.” she barked, returning her hand to the brandy glass where it belonged. Lana obeyed and you took a breath, knowing at the very least you weren’t going to be shot. “Now, shoo! I will decide what happens to our agent without you waving that thing around.”

Lana slammed the door behind her, leaving you and Mallory alone.

While she continued to drink her brandy, paying you no mind, you still had an uncomfortable feeling as if she was staring right at you. Mallory Archer was certainly a woman who knew how to exude an intimidating presence.

“Miss Archer..?” you eventually piped up. Mallory turned her head slightly, implying she could hear you but perhaps wasn’t entirely listening. “Thanks for... y’know, that whole thing with Lana.” She didn’t respond. “...what does happen now?”

Mallory put her drink down and looked at you. “Well, you’re of no use to us as a field agent anymore. So I suppose you’ll need some sort of office duties.”

You didn’t come to ISIS for office work - you could find that in a much safer corporation for better pay - but you doubted any other place would accept a bug-sized data-entry admin. You shrugged. “Alright, what did you have in mind? Maybe we could find a way to shrink a computer and I could—“

You were cut off by an enormous pair of feet making a rude entrance right in front of you. “Miss Archer, what is this?!” you called out, getting your breath back after such a startle.

“We’ll see how you start with this. Then we can consider other responsibilities.”

“With what?!” you didn’t know why you were shouting, maybe the size of Mallory’s feet made it seem like there was a wall between you.

“I’ve been needing a PA for a while but it’s hard to find someone qualified in administrative duties and massages.”

“Massages?” you looked up towards her toes, starting to understand where she was going with this.

“I’m a very stressed woman, and need relief. It’s this or we genuinely have no use for you. If that’s the case I’ll have to call Lana back...”

Your stomach dropped. This was your decision: act as a foot slave to your new boss, rubbing feet the size of buildings or be shot. You fell to your knees a tried to hide the terrified look on your face. You had to decide.

You have the following choices:

1. Get to work.

*Noteb*
2. Refuse.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Hero for Hire (UN: whysocereal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hero for Hire has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2076876-Archer-GTS-Shrinking/cid/2580520-Go-find-Mallory