*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2083090-d-Size-Portals-Edition/cid/2143826-Forget-the-portal-device-Follow-someone-else-i
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Adult · #2083090
What would you do with a machine that creates size-changing portals?
This choice: Forget the portal device. Follow someone else in-universe.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Forget the portal device. Follow someone else i...

    by: Unexpect
Here you or your character can have some fun within a society that indulges itself with portal-related activities.

Because of the high price of the portal device itself, Middle-man services for portals have grown in demand as more people have started using receivers. Portal devices are often leased or rented out to businesses and normal folk who can't afford to outright purchase one.

Business-grade portal devices can be connected to portal-compatible computer servers, and they're commonly networked with fee-based kiosk PCs that will let you access a restricted version of the device. The administrators can set rules for the device used by customers to prevent accidents or misuse. The most common rules involve limiting the portals based on money paid, and forcing the portal entrance to be created near the computer that accessed it.

There are a lot of businesses that make use of portals as a source of entertainment.

Many cyber cafes now include a section for portal computer renting. They include receivers and access to an in-house portal device through the network. This is where most people go to shrink over the internet. (For more information on websites, please see "Websites & The Internet)

For those that are just looking to get shrunk, there are places that will allow the use of a portal to create an exit in the same room. Customers can optionally pay a fee to be delivered to their desired address. For a premium fee there are first-class package delivery services that will gently deliver the customer to the desired location. These are fully furnished air-conditioned package, equipped with food and entertainment.

Most popular with families are fairs, theme parks, & water parks that use portals. Usually entire parks are shrunken-only, but there are some mixed parks that have a section for shrunken people and a section for normal-sized. A few parks are mixed and have rides aimed at a normal and a tiny riding together.

While tiny they can visit normal-sized aquariums, zoos, safaris; they can visit tiny attractions, ride small trains around the park, see some giant street performances. The areas are meticulously cleaned of insects and dangerous chemicals, and most normal-sized people are usually forbidden. Tiny crowds can be taken on a tour with a normal-sized tour guide.

A human body exploration attraction is in the works but no parks have implemented one yet, fearing it may be too visceral for most families.

Although controversial, some parents shrink their children so that they're easier to manage. This is useful for when a caretaker or babysitter have to watch a difficult child or a rebellious young teen. Sometimes the babysitter agrees to be shrunk if the parents don't entirely trust them, as is usually the case with male babysitters. There are also tutoring services parents use for home-schooled kids, where they teleport their children/teens to the tutors house for the day.

There are daycares & kindergartens that require the students to be shrunk for easier management during school hours. Some upper-grade schools have a mix of shrunken and normal sized students; usually the shrunken are attending from beyond the range of bus transport. Teachers and staff always remain normal sized, but some controversial feminist schools & colleges force all girls to remain normal sized and all boys to be shrunk, this includes male teachers.

Some schools only shrink for punishment: If students get continuously bad grades or break the rules, schools can punish them with forced shrinking instead of detention. Shrunken alleged delinquents/bullies aren't given any staff help traversing the school. They are expected to "make friends" so that they can have a normal person take them from class to class.

Some use portals simply to travel quickly due to same-size portals not being available yet. Some people use them just to get to work quickly, growing themselves back using another portal near or within their neighborhood. There are vacation services that allow you to teleport to a receiver over the internet and enjoy a vacation immediately.

Using a portal to regain normal size immediately after teleporting thousands of miles is risky: It can have some negatives side-effects such as being stuck at a small size for a long period of time. It's recommended to wait at least 24 hours after a cross-continent teleport, sometimes a few days depending on the distance.

Because vacationers have to stay shrunk for the first day or two of their journey, vacation teleportation hotels cost a premium to ensure the safety and comfort of newly teleported customers. Many travelers get around these high prices by finding unlicensed hostesses on social networks that promise to take the vacationers into their own home for a much more affordable rate. However, this is high-risk and great care should be taken in selecting a hostess.

Shrunken restaurants have sprung up for those that want to have a unique dining experience. Some involve shrinking their patrons while keeping the staff at a normal size. This is especially popular with restaurants that staff young, attractive waitresses for their sex appeal.

There are a few exotic restaurants that allow shrunken patrons to eat their meal off of a selected nude model or volunteer, with volunteers usually being friends with the patrons. Some all-you-can-eat buffets pit shrunken people against normal-sized for their food eating contests.

Commonly used within shrunken sports restaurants are shrunken bars. These are popular for people that are interested in picking up someone who's interested in size-play. Many men and women will shrink themselves here before trying to get lucky with a bartender, a waitress/waiter, or a customer who's into size play.

There are nightclubs that offer the shrinking of attendees. Concerts will often have the patrons shrunken on a stage while a skimpy-clothed or nude singer performs above and around them. Wild raves will have a section of the floor partitioned off for shrunken patrons; it's often said that being tiny amplifies the experience. Some require all men to be shrunk, with shrunk women allowed in the mix.

Many strip clubs have special rooms where customers can pay to be shrunken down for a lap dance, other clubs require a mandatory shrinking before they can even see the dancers. With the mandatory shrink clubs the girls are allowed to be a lot more kinky with their shows. It's not uncommon for solo or lesbian porn to be performed live on stage. A few clubs have started a tradition of accepting picking lucky volunteers from the audience to be included in their shows. For women there are male strip-clubs, many with shrunken males as strippers.

There are also brothels, call-girls, and plenty of "massage parlors" that offer services to shrunken people, with some providing their own shrinking service. Some massage parlors will offer to use a shrunken client to massage a nude models body, or sometimes a normal-sized clients body.

Finally, most public places allow for mixed-sizes, even if they themselves don't provide any size changing services themselves. Some examples are public beaches, parks, grocery stores, movie theaters etc.


So, what theme best fits your scenario?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Unexpect (UN: unexpect at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Unexpect has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2083090-d-Size-Portals-Edition/cid/2143826-Forget-the-portal-device-Follow-someone-else-i