*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2089427-Kates-Ticklish-Adventures/cid/2923900-babysit-Lucy
by E
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Teen · #2089427
About a 14-year-old who always finds herself ticklish situation.
This choice: babysit Lucy  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

babysit Lucy

    by: Unknown
Kate picked up the phone and called their neighbor to ask how much the babysitting job would pay. She was surprised to hear it was more than she usually got, but it would last most of the weekend. She has never babysat for them before or really knew who they were, but since her mom stated they were "close neighbors", it must be someone she trusts.

After writing down the address, Kate got ready and grabbed a few things headed on over to the house on her bike.

When Kate got to the house minutes later, she noticed it was old, large and clearly fallen into decline. She got off her bike and walked towards the front door, which was nearly 100 yards away. She propped her bike up against a tree and then hopped lightly up the steps and rapped her small fist against the door. She knocked a second time, and moments later was greeted by the sound of rusty hinges swinging.

A very tall man stood over her, with a peculiar smile on his face. He was unshaven, in his forties, and had a slight potbelly. Kate smiled politely. "Mr. Jones?" she said. "Hi, I'm Kate, the babysitter." "Call me Carl," the man said, stepping aside. "Come in!". She gratefully crossed the threshold. It took her eyes a moment to adjust to dark, while Carl shut the door behind her.

Kate stood in a musty hall, with stairs leading up in front of her and doorways to the left and right. The only light came from the right. She leaned her head around the doorway and saw a cluttered living room, with a television set to mute and some old, overladen bookshelves. In a large chair a second man sat, this one uglier than the first--he was fat, but about the same age as the other. Both men were staring a little too long at her body and outfit (a crop sweatshirt that stopped just above her belly button, a tight pair of skinny jeans and sneakers with ankle socks.)

Kate was feeling the first sensation of nerves when the fat man said "This is a no shoes house," gesturing at her sneakers. "Umm," She replied, turning uneasily. Behind her, the other man was latching the door shut. Something didn't feel right, and Kate had never been in a scary situation like this one. The teenager took a nervous half-step backwards, away from both the living room doorway and the front door where the man still stood. "I, uh, where is Lucy the girl I am babysitting?," she asked hesitantly.

Kate was backpedaling now, fear visible on her lovely face. She was stammering some sort of protest, but clearly the girl had never been presented with real danger before, and was freezing up. "She looks like a tough one, don't she?" his friend said. "Back off!" Kate shouted, proving the man correct. She was against the stairs now, and had backstepped up the first of them. But both men kept advancing, and Kate continued to retreat up the stairs. "It's okay," the man said mock-soothingly. Before him, Kate continued to back up the stairs, one nervous step at a time. Behind him, he could hear the heavy breathing of his partner, a man of considerable strength but likely worthless in a chase. "Just calm down, and let's talk. I think there's been some sort of misunderstanding," he went on.

Kate was unfooled. The pretty teen was young, but already had grown to recognize the look in men's eyes when they were thinking less than noble thoughts about her. "Get away, you creeps!" she shouted again, and then she turned, disappearing into the second floor. Carl sighed and broke into pursuit--he was in less than ideal shape, but he knew the house, and there were two of them.

She ran.....

You have the following choices:

1. Into a room on the second floor

*Noteb*
2. Down the hallway and up another set of stairs

*Noteb*
3. Author's Choice

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
E has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2089427-Kates-Ticklish-Adventures/cid/2923900-babysit-Lucy