*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Barn
  2. Beth
  3. Entering the House
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2171658-Haunted-House-Transformation--Expansion/cid/2572573-The-Barn
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2171658
A haunted house has an expansive effect on uninvited guests...
This choice: Beth heads outside...  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The Barn

    by: expandor
As she strolled down the hallway, Beth saw something out of one of the dusty, cobweb filled windows. Outside, there was another building next to the house that she hadn't noticed when they first came in. It looked like an old barn, and there was a light on inside! Beth figured this was a good place to start looking. The others had headed off in different directions inside, but nobody had thought to check outdoors, nobody but Beth. It wasn't very often that Beth got one over on her friends; she was often seen as being ditzy and forgetful. She smiled as she imagined the look on her friend's faces when she told them she was the one to find Stacey.

Hoping to beat the others outside before they noticed the barn too, Beth ran back down the hallway and out the grand front doors. She heard them creak shut behind her as she headed out into the fog. It was freezing, but her hurried jog held off the cold until she saw the barn up ahead. She could see the bright glow emanating from within as she approached, and she pushed open the heavy wooden door and dashed inside.

"Well. That sucks."

The barn was empty. Empty of humans anyway. There were, strangely, a lot of animals around. Who was taking care of them, Beth had no idea. Maybe there was some farmer around here who looked after the house?

"Hello? Anyone here? Stacey?" Beth called, but all she heard was an oink from a nearby Pig. "I guess not."

Disappointed, Beth turned went to leave, only to find the open barn door swing shut and slam right in her face. A large wooden plank felt down in front of her with a bang, locking the door right before her eyes. She sighed in annoyance and tried to lift the bar, but it was too heavy. Grunting and groaning, he svelte girl strained to even lift it an inch. It was no good. She wasn't anyway near strong enough.

"God dammit..." She groaned. "This backfired."

She looked around the barn again, noting that, oddly, some of the animals seemed to have quietened to stare right at her. Most notable, the Cows and the Pigs standing in pens either side of her.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Beth tries to escape the barn...

2. Beth starts feeling strange...

3. Someone else enters the barn...

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 expandor (UN: skeletorio at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
expandor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2171658-Haunted-House-Transformation--Expansion/cid/2572573-The-Barn