*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Alyssa's Adventure Begins
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2172658-Young-Gullivera/cid/2567106-Alyssas-Adventure-Begins
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2172658
Young Alyssa gets stranded in Lilliput
Chapter #1

Alyssa's Adventure Begins

    by: gulliverstoy
Alyssa was coming to and she could sense the sun beating down on her even before opening her eyes. She could feel the sand beneath her as she lay on her back. She could hear the waves of the ocean lapping against the shore in the distance. She could also hear birds, seagulls most likely, making the usual noise when on the beach. What she couldn't do is move. In a panic she opened her eyes and immediately squinted from the high sun directly above her. Her eye sight was a blurry sun spotted daze as she remembered the events before she lost consciousness. She was with her family on the rental boat on vacation. The last things she remembered was that boat captain alerting them of a rogue storm and to prepare for rough seas. She was scared but her father seemed to be calm in the face of the growing bad weather and it gave her a semblance of courage. They had been scuba diving and enjoying themselves one minute and frantically preparing for the worst the next. Alyssa, nine years old, and her older brother who was seventeen were below deck as her mother and father helped the captain get the boat ready for the storm. Then it hit.

The boat was tossed around like driftwood as mountainous waves seemed to come from nowhere. The last thing she remembered was seeing her mother struggling to get below deck and Alyssa broke free of her brother's grip to help her. Then the ship seemed to groan and crack as the waves were splitting it in two. Water rushed in from every direction and she was soon drug out to sea. When she surfaced she could see the ship as it was hit by a huge wave and then there was nothing but debris in the water. She screamed for her family and the name of the kind captain but nothing was answered back but the roar of the storm. She grabbed onto a nearby chuck of boat and rode out the waves as best she could before passing out from exhaustion.

Now… the sun was out and she seemed to be on a beach. She tried to sit up but couldn't. At first she thought maybe she was injured but she didn't feel hurt. She tried lifting her arm but it wouldn't budge. Alyssa turned her head to look at her limb and saw it was covered in some kind of thin grass…. or vines. Blinking her eyes they began to focus and she saw those tiny vines were connected to the ground. No that wasn't right…. they were anchored by tiny pins that were driven into the sand. Her arm was covered in them. They criss-crossed her arm from her wrist to her shoulder. Following her body, she she was completely covered with them and it was holding her down. She started to panic. Was she captured by pirates, her young mind reasoned. She struggled and started to whimper in fright. Why was she tied down? Who tied her down? Where was she? What happened to her family? Finally she broke her silence despite her captors might be nearby.

"He-…..*cough cough*" Alyssa croaked from her parched throat. "Help!! Somebody! Anybody!" She struggled again against her bindings. "Mommy! Daddy!"

Nothing but the caw of birds somewhere near. She turned her head and saw up the beach to a forest that met the border of sand in the distance. But it looked weird. Like it was far away but…. not? She angled her head to look down her body... even her feet were secured with vines looped around some of her toes. She started to hyperventilate with worry as she struggled. Then she saw them. Flying above her she saw little bugs... buzzing around her. But it seemed like the bird sounds were coming from their direction. She squinted and saw that they weren't flies…. she thought they looked like white birds. It looked far away and yet, again…. not. Were her eyes playing tricks on her in the bright sunlight? But then as she had ceased struggling, the birds actually came and landed on her chest. She could see them now. They looked like seagulls but they were tiny. Almost like white feathered gnats. How was that possible?! She started to freak out again and the tiny birds scattered into the sky again cawing in annoyance.

"Somebody help me, please!" Alyssa screamed as she started to weep.

"Silence, monster!" came a voice from somewhere.

Alyssa darted her head around looking for the person but saw no one. "Please…. help me!" She begged whoever. She then felt something on her outer left thigh. Then she felt something moving on her hip. She looked down expecting some kind of small creature, but what she saw silenced her in shock. Walking up her stomach was a man. No bigger than perhaps her thumb. He was dressed in a short toga and armor. If Alyssa had to describe him she'd have to say he resembled a roman soldier with molded chest armor and a helmet with a bright red bristle mohawk. He brandished a long spear pointed at her face as he walked slowly towards her. "What are you?!" Alyssa asked in excited confusion. "Why are you so tiny?!"

"I-I am not tiny!" the little man stuttered trying not to show his fear. "You, giantess, are enormous!"

"What?!" Alyssa questioned. "Where am I? Why am I stuck to the ground?!"

"Y-you don't ask any more questions!" The tiny soldier ordered as he reached Alyssa's chest and stood defiantly between the triangle sections of her bikini top. Alyssa understood now that the tiny vines were in fact rope. This tiny person, and possibly others, tied her down. Out of fear? Were they afraid of her?

"Please, mister…. I won't hurt you." Alyssa assured. "Just let me go, please."

"Ha! You lie!" The soldier seemed to be gaining confidence the more he realized their rope work was holding fast. "You are a monster…. possibly sent from Blefuscu to destroy us!"

"No! I'm just a girl!" Alyssa pleaded. "Please, mister…. let me go."

"Quiet!" The soldier barked. Feeling nothing more to discuss he made his way back to the ladder he propped against her thigh.

"No wait!" Alyssa begged. "Come back! Don't leave!"

The soldier just made a dismissive gesture with his hand not even bothering to turn around. The tiny man disappeared and Alyssa was relatively alone again. She cried. Afraid and in sorrow for the chance her family was gone.

You have the following choices:

1. Reserved for my story.

2. Reader's Choice

3. Reader's Choice

4. Reader's Choice

*Noteb*
5. Reader's Choice

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 gulliverstoy (UN: gulliverstoy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gulliverstoy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2172658-Young-Gullivera/cid/2567106-Alyssas-Adventure-Begins