*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2199206-Return-to-Dust/cid/2708771-The-maintenance-man-arrives-to-mow-the-lawn
by Kane01
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2199206
Jon shrinks himself to indulge in his greatest Fantasy.
This choice: The maintenance man arrives to mow the lawn  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The maintenance man arrives to mow the lawn

    by: Kane01
The ground was wet, like the floor of a rainforest maybe. The sounds of insects were alien to him. Jon almost expected Yoda to pop up somewhere.

"Do or do not, there is no try" Jon's high pitch voice made his Yoda impression sound wrong, but it wasn't like anyone would hear it anyway.

The ground began to shake. Looking about he noticed a guy in overalls heading in his direction. The Giant walked passed him to the shed located in the corner of the lawn. Jon hadn't noticed it last night. He watched as the Giant paused to gather up Jon's discarded clothing before unlocking the door to the shed. Something about that shed and the man made Jon uneasy. He decided to quicken his pace even though going faster really wasn't going to make much of a difference distance wise.

He heard something behind him.

To his horror a Preying Mantis stood over him. Instinctively Jon picked up a stone to try to defend himself. At that moment a there was a loud fluttering of wings and something big pitched down behind the Mantis. He managed to catch a glimpse of a yellow beak and the Mantis was gone. A moment later the huge bird was airborne again. Jon was beginning to regret shrinking himself. The lawn was full of dangers, and it was about to get even more dangerous.

There was a sudden roar of an engine. The ground beneath him began to shake; the wind began to pick up. It reminded him of the sound of a—

Lawnmower!

'Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Why the hell didn’t I consider someone might mow the lawn?' Ash soon saw the giant pushing monstrous machine. Straight toward him. He started to run but it was already too late. Hurricane like winds lifted him off the ground and Jon was sucked towards the blades of the mower. It was like being picked up by a tornado.

The mower was old, and as a result the rock guard was missing. Jon was spat out and upward. Unharmed but tumbling head over heels through the air, he had no idea where he was going to land. His upward momentum was sending him toward the opened windows of the two story building. Who's apartment was he about to abruptly enter?

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Kane01 (UN: kahn101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kane01 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2199206-Return-to-Dust/cid/2708771-The-maintenance-man-arrives-to-mow-the-lawn