*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2248337-Wide-Fat-Galaxy/cid/3026187-Captain-Jezebel-Howard
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #2248337
A interactive set in a sci-fi setting, with a rather fattening galactic government...
This choice: Captain Jezebel Howard  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Captain Jezebel Howard

    by: Keroro04
4021.13.08.1225

The Bos certainly was a fine vessel drifting throughout the vast depths of the Milky Way Galaxy. A fine ScaNi Z-LLeen, Type IV Cruiser Type Œ, this ship was filled with nearly ten thousand people, serving both as a exploration ship and a vessel for imperial citizens of the Sol Empire. Out of these nearly ten thousand, one thousand of them were the main crew of the ship, running daily duties, and among that thousand, one had authority over every single one of them.

The problem though was that this captain was Jezebel Howard. And she was in no way prepared for this position, not when it was just thrust onto her the week prior.

Before her promotion, Jezebel was just the senior security officer of the Bos, running the daily sweeps to ensure safety on the ship. Last week however, the previous captain, a famed Noxtion officer known as Karn Hasha, met his unfortunate end protecting the Bos from a surprise attack by the Miner's Syndicate, one of the biggest rebel groups that made it's home on the frigid Myolle homeworld of Desp IX. With his death, the Bos was left leaderless, and the position needed to be filled really quickly.

Due to a bureaucratic mistake however, Jezebel was made the next captain of the Bos, instead of the person he intended to inherit the role, who had since been relocated. Placed in control of the fates of almost ten thousand people, she just stood there, mouth agape, as Admiral Beth Holland herself presented her with the badge of captaincy. This sort of promotion was unthinkable to her, as in her eyes she had neither the training nor the intellect to successfully keep this job up.

And yet, for the three days since she had been promoted, she had managed to keep this ship afloat. With Serena Cho providing the security to the ship, Helena making sure that it ran it's course, Lovely bringing help with various different systems across the ship, and Dutchess preventing the ship from crashing into any meteors or planets, the ship persevered. When she was promoted she felt like things were going to get terrible fast, with her own actions being what doomed everyone in the first place.

And Jezebel still felt like that, as she stared out the window into deep space. She didn't even fit well in her orange and blue uniform signifying her position as captain among the crew of the Bos, with her large breasts pushing against the fabric. Even when she was thin, her breasts have always managed to be bigger than average, but within recent months she had put on a bit of weight causing them to bloat out a bit further than she liked. Pecking at her belly, she even felt a soft tummy beginning to form, worrying her a bit.

"This... this is no way a captain should look to her crew. Who cares if people say it's going in the right places, it still makes this uniform tight..."

Putting on her uniform, she walked over to the matter replicator, sliding through a menu as she began making herself breakfast. In the future most meals could be compressed into nutrient wafers (containing the same calories but in the fraction of the space), but Jezebel preferred more physical foods, stuff that she could actually enjoy consuming since it didn't take the form of a bar. Finishing her selections, she only had to wait for a few seconds, before a few Belgian waffles, accompanied by two eggs-worth of scrambled eggs and a large pitcher of apple cider materialized in the replicator.

"Ah, perfect way to start the day. The replicator's a bit slow though, usually it only takes a few nanoseconds to create something, not 5 seconds. Something to check with Helena and Lovely about at least, when I get the chance."

Grabbing her platter of food, Jezebel brought her food to the dining room within her captain's quarters, before digging in. Some people have said that the replicator couldn't replicate the exquisite tastes that actual chefs on a ship could create but Jezebel didn't care. After all, the replicated food usually was cheaper and meant less leftovers, as she could convert anything she didn't eat back to energy as long as the food originated from the replicator.

Within time, Jezebel finished up her waffles and eggs, before downing the pitcher of apple cider in one long gulp. Feeling her overly full stomach, she dreaded once more on her figure, but before she could think more about it, her badge rumbled. Not only was her badge proof of her captainship of the Bos, but it doubled as a personal phone, and with that came a alarm clock, that she mainly used to keep track of when it was time for her to man the helm.

With the badge rumbling of course, it meant that time was now. Cleaning herself up and returning the dishes to the replicator, Jezebel walked out of her quarters, on the long walk to the main deck of the ship. As she crossed the halls of the ship, Jezebel passed by various citizens of multiple races, people both a part of the crew and not, conversing with each other in a friendly matter. Looking at events like these always brought a smile on her face, even when she was preoccupied with thoughts of worry and incredible stress.

By the time she made it to the main deck, Jezebel quickly dusted herself off of any crumbs she had gotten on herself during her breakfast, before sitting in the big chair in the center. In this chair, she was supposed to make the big decisions, ones that could change affairs for the entire galaxy, and perhaps even beyond. For her, it was like having the entire galaxy being weighted on her back, and she didn't like having to do this job one bit, but knew that if she didn't, that someone worse could replace her.

For now, she just hoped that nothing dangerous came along that could put her life, or the lives of anyone on the Bos in danger. Whether or not that was the case though, the possibility of major changes on the Bos was there, including possibilities of gaining weight...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Keroro04 (UN: keroro04 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Keroro04 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2248337-Wide-Fat-Galaxy/cid/3026187-Captain-Jezebel-Howard