*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. To the mall
  2. A perfectly ordinary day
  3. The girls
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2258951-The-ascension/cid/T3J8ZMS2L-To-the-mall
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2258951
Suddenly girls around the world ascend to be greater then humanity
This choice: To the mall  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

To the mall

    by: NVR
Jane usually hated going to the mall to buy clothes: The crowded spaces, the slight embarrassment of having to look at kid size clothing because of the consequences of her weakness, how if her mom wasn't with her she had to do it alone because the only friend that enjoyed doing that was Alice but she was always busy.. but today things just felt different, like the planets aligned and the world was favoring her for a change.

Outside she got more signs of it, the weather seemed to be perfect for her with just a slight refreshing breeze to complement the sunny day, and Jane further surprised herself with the unusual amount of energy she was having when she started to jog, and then run towards the mall. She wasn't sure what compelled to do so, for obvious reasons she was never the athletic type and due to the limitations of her body learned to dislike such activity but today she just felt like doing it, and found out she loved it! She loved how well she could breathe and how despite the uncommon physical exertion she didn't seem to be tired at all. She immediately wondered what on earth did she do yesterday that could have caused this sudden spike of good health so she could replicate it religiously but nothing came to mind.

After 15 minutes of running, more exercise than she had done in years, she finally arrived to the mall and took a moment not to catch her breath because she felt tired, but to enjoy and still try to make sense how energized she still felt, how every breathe movement today seemed so much more refreshing to her. She made a mental note to write everything strange she remembered doing on the past few days just to feel more of this, knowing it was bound to end some time, and entered the mall.

To her surprise, the mall was somehow emptier than usual, not completely deserted which would be creepy but also nowhere near as full as she expected, where all the noise and bumping with people would have annoyed and drained her. She saw her reflection on a mirror and with a big smile loved how she still looked so radiant, even without makeup and even after the impromptu exercise. But she knew whatever miracle was going with her body wasn't going to save her from a dreaded tour to the clothing shops. She wondered if she should just wander for a bit and see other places in the mall for a while, or if she should just buy the clothes and be done with it.

What happens next?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 NVR (UN: novar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rin's little fan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2258951-The-ascension/cid/T3J8ZMS2L-To-the-mall