*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2272878-Universal-Mysteries-Notebook/cid/3243950-A-strange-book---beginning-22
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by AJ_1
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Erotica · #2272878
A Magic notebook that can change all of reality ends up falling into your possession.
This choice: Japanese American  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

A strange book - beginning (2/2)

    by: AJ_1
.but that's a story for another time.
although it wasn't the end of the year, I was a little nervous for Christmas Eve, I mean their family wasn't against our relationship but still!

The bright side of it all is that we lived in an apartment close to the city, with the blessing of their family.
Until today I didn't believe in my luck, I had self-esteem problems, I was a very enthusiastic woman and according to some childish and I still managed to date an incredible person.

I don't think I'm horrible or anything. I have some good traits, even, but I go from feeling painfully average to fixating on my incredibly pale, skinny physique and any other trait I can point to in the mirror.

..damn I'm digressing..

ok so it was late summer, and there i was, sitting at the table in my shabby one-bedroom apartment, getting ready to finally give up and open up my summer reading. I've come to accept that if I hadn't left the house for anything but shopping by now, I wouldn't be leaving anytime soon.

I stopped by the city library a week before school ended and picked up some books I wanted – some novels, some reading, some anthropology and psychology books because I was curious and wanted to be informed. I liked studying humanity and all, but it felt kind of depressing to sit there learning about human evolution when my roommate was out doing "family stuff."
Note: when I first heard this I was afraid they were cheating on me but their mother swore to me that it was a normal thing between them and that it happened once a year...

On the plus side, we had some mother-in-law/daughter-in-law nights together where she told me about my boyfriend's childhood, we exchanged beauty tips, painted our nails and I even learned how to make that delicious dessert!

...look at me rambling again...

Now, I spread my books out in front of me, and gave them a crooked smile. After a moment, I grimaced.

"Strange," I muttered, "must have taken the wrong book."

Where I thought I'd picked up a copy of Rhonda Byrne's The Secret, however there was a strange old book bound in what looked like leather. There wasn't a title on it, either. If it wasn't so musty I would have assumed it was a new diary or something. Frowning, I reached out and opened it.

On the first page, in letters that seemed to glow under my wary eye, was a sentence written in elegant, faded handwriting:
"Think about what you want to know
and then turn the page"

"Strange," I muttered, flipping through the rest of the book.

Shrugging, I went back to the first page and closed my eyes. You can also give it a try. What's the worst that could happen. I took a deep breath, held it and thought of...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. The Same

*Noteb*
2. Lover (Male)

*Noteb*
3. Lover (Fem)

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 AJ_1 (UN: anjels at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AJ_1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2272878-Universal-Mysteries-Notebook/cid/3243950-A-strange-book---beginning-22