*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Rejuvix
  2. Turn Back the Clock
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2310341-Young-Again/cid/VTWBHZC3D-Rejuvix
by BeeJay
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #2310341
Holly dreaded getting older,... until she found herself doing the opposite.
This choice: Rejuvix  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Rejuvix

    by: BeeJay
The Pendleton Clinic was in Stamford, just a short train ride from Norwalk. From the station, I took an Uber to the clinic; the driver was sympathetic, and wished me well. The security guard at the door was more aloof, only grunting when I told him where I was going. I bet he doesn't pay much attention when his wife tries to tell him anything, either, I thought, as I took the elevator up.

The receptionist at the clinic was friendly, but the coffee she offered me tasted like it had been through someone already. I wordlessly filled out my information for the medical forms. One plus to coming here: there aren't any kids running around like they just ate half a ton of sugar before coming here. Once I filled out the form, I gave it back to the receptionist; then, I waited, until a nurse brought me back. Then, she checked to make sure I was healthy, and left me to wait again.

Finally, Dr. Pendleton came in. I preferred seeing female doctors; but Dr. Pendleton was overseeing the trials, and beggars can't be choosers. "Good morning, Mrs. Larson," he said, barely looking up from my information sheet. "How did you hear about what we're doing?"

"My nurse, who gives me Botox, told me about it," I replied. "Is that a problem?"

"Not at all," he replied. "I just wanted to make sure of what your expectations are. What have you heard about Rejuvix?"

"It's neither an injection nor a cream. Beyond that, I'm walking in blind. Can you tell me more?"

"Rejuvix is a pill. We're going to try to treat the signs of aging from within the body, instead of only going skin deep." He produced a bottle of pills. "Here's what you'll be taking. I want you to take one pill every 12 hours; do not take more than two pills per day." He produced a small notebook. "I would like you to record your dosage, as well as any side effects you might experience; any and all information may be helpful to us. Do you have any questions?"

I shook my head.

"Splendid. Use as directed, and we'll see you in a month, to find out how it's going. Enjoy the rest of your day."

And so I left the clinic, holding a bottle of pills that, I was sure, would change my life.

They sure did.

You have the following choices:

1. Creative Dosing

*Noteb*
2. Reader's Choice

*Noteb*
3. Reader's Choice

*Noteb*
4. Reader's Choice

*Noteb*
5. Reader's Choice

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 BeeJay (UN: bartfargo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BeeJay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2310341-Young-Again/cid/VTWBHZC3D-Rejuvix