*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Council Of Elrond
  2. Where do you sit?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/645353-Defending-Middle-Earth/cid/148674-The-Council-Of-Elrond
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #645353
Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.
This choice: Men  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

The Council Of Elrond

    by: Aiken4LOTR
Men

         The strength of your people is no doubt stronger than ever. Aragorn, heir to Isildur, became part of the Fellowship at the important Council of Elrond many years ago, even though he knew the lineage of his family was weak when it came to the One Ring. Yet he conquered and did not give in, proving that even though the race of men can be easily corrupted, there are some whose strength and will is fierce. Now the One Ring has been destroyed for good, and Aragorn is no longer an heir, he is a noble King, and as always, will remain a part of the race of men.

         You, too, are of the race of men. The race whose features cannot be guessed until birth, the race whose loyalties are often hard to tell, and the race whose mind can change at any moment, whether for good or evil. And as a part of the race of men, you are not necessarily born a fighter, but when you learn, you are very skilled, and your ability is fatal to those whom you fight. You fought before when Sauron's shadow was looming over Middle Earth, and once again an evil threatens to rule. You know the times have been better than ever, but you know that they will grow weary again. You know the time for resistance is now. The time for plans is now, before another evil wreaks havoc on Middle Earth again.

         This time definitely calls for defense. An evil is lurking about in Middle Earth once again. Its reign is not yet strong, but it is growing. The wicked creature that brings such hate, cruelty, and malice is clever. It is hiding far enough in shadow that its identity has not yet been seen. Yet the remaining orcs and other evil creatures that survived from Sauron's time in power have multiplied, and they have already joined forces with this unknown evil.

         As the crowd of various races seat themselves, the rooms goes silent. Elrond's voice fills the open room; you listen attentively, knowing the importance and secrecy of all of his meetings.

         "It has been a great while since I have called a council of such significance. Not since Sauron's threat to overtake Middle Earth has such an evil come unto these lands. We were fortunate enough to know of Sauron's plan to find the One Ring, and we successfully destroyed it. But with this evil, we do not know what its plans are, what it looks like, or even if it has a human form. We call upon the elves, dwarves, wizards, men, and now hobbits," Elrond says as he looks over to Frodo, "as well as any other free people of Middle Earth to defend all that is good."

          Continuing, Elrond says, "Those who are with us from the Fellowship of The Ring have already vowed to lead this quest, but they cannot do it alone. We need many of you to help, but there are probably few of you who are brave enough to do so." He pauses for a moment, with a look of concern on his face, "I will give you all a few moments to think out your decision.

Now you must make your first decision. Will you help defend all that is good in Middle Earth?

You have the following choice:

1. You know you must help defend Middle Earth

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Aiken4LOTR (UN: lilfoxy14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aiken4LOTR has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/645353-Defending-Middle-Earth/cid/148674-The-Council-Of-Elrond