*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Council Of Elrond
  2. Where do you sit?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/645353-Defending-Middle-Earth/cid/149539-The-Council-Of-Elrond
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #645353
Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.
This choice: Dwarves  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

The Council Of Elrond

    by: Aiken4LOTR
Dwarves

         You are of the race of dwarves, uncaring people who spend their time greedily delving in underground mines that were built by dwarves many years ago. Most dwarves do not get caught up in the matters of others, and are rather selfish. Many were even unwilling to help during the dark times when Sauron was trying to rule all of Middle Earth. As the Fellowship traveled through the Mines of Moria, Gimli was troubled to find that all the dwarves who worked so hard in the mines were killed. Yet as time went by after Sauron was defeated, dwarves from distant lands came back to the mines, to fill it with busy little workers once again.
Elrond has called a council again, and this time you decide to go, for some odd reason you chose not to go with Gimli and the others last time. You feel as though he is only calling this meeting so he can get others to do the work for him, being the lazy elf that he is. You've heard of the friendship that developed between Gimli and Legolas, an elven Prince who was also a part of the Fellowship. An Elf Prince? You think to yourself, great, he must be really lazy too! You admire Gimli very much, but you do not understand how he can befriend such a creature, but you still hope to meet this legendary dwarf when you go to the council. Maybe he will explain to you that elves aren't all that bad? Naahhhhh! You know, though, that if Elrond is calling this meeting because he needs defenders for Middle Earth, then you must help, just like Gimli.

         This time definitely calls for defense. An evil is lurking about in Middle Earth once again. Its reign is nowhere near strong, so far, but it is growing. The wicked creature that brings such hate, cruelty, and malice is clever. It is hiding far enough in shadow that its identity has not yet been seen. Yet the remaining orcs and other evil creatures that survived from Sauron's time in power have multiplied, and they have already joined forces with this unknown evil.

         As the crowd of various races seat themselves, the rooms goes silent. Elrond's voice fills the open room; you listen attentively, knowing the importance and secrecy of all of his meetings.
         "It has been a great while since I have called a council of such significance. Not since Sauron's threat to overtake Middle Earth has such an evil come unto these lands. We were fortunate enough to know of Sauron's plan to find the One Ring and we successfully destroyed it. But with this evil, we do not know what its plans are, what it looks like, or even if it has a human form. We call upon the elves, dwarves, wizards, men, and now hobbits," Elrond says as he looks over to Frodo," as well as any other free people of Middle Earth to defend all that is good. Those who are with us from the Fellowship of The Ring have already vowed to lead this quest, but they cannot do it alone. We need almost all of you to help, but there are probably few of you who are brave enough to do so, " He pauses for a moment, with a look of concern on his face, "I will give you all a few moments to think out your decision."

Now you must make your first decision. Will you help defend all that is good in Middle Earth?

You have the following choice:

1. You know you must help defend Middle Earth

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Aiken4LOTR (UN: lilfoxy14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aiken4LOTR has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/645353-Defending-Middle-Earth/cid/149539-The-Council-Of-Elrond