*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Looking Online - the Search Begins
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/725440-The-Internet--Twin/cid/168388-Looking-Online---the-Search-Begins
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Interactive · Fantasy · #725440
Robert Best finds an internet site that allows him to find someone who looks like him.
Chapter #1

Looking Online - the Search Begins

    by: disneyfan
After being online for most of the night, doing the work I should have done at the store, I was finally able to say that I was finished. As I leaned back in my chair I decide to surf for a while before going to bed.
A few moments past before I could think of what to do. I had always had a fascination with twins, I even thought that it was possible that I had a twin somewhere, or at least someone who looked similar to myself.
I typed the word 'twin' in the search window on my screen, wondering if there was a site that specialized in locating twins. If I had a twin was it possible that he was looking for me.
When the listings came up it was almost endless, so I decided to refine my search. I then typed in 'searching for my twin'. There had to be a site somewhere that matched people with a lost sibling. To my surprise this list contained only five entries. After reading the first four descriptions I began to feel I was possibly the only person who wanted to know if they had a twin.
The fifth entry seemed almost to good to be true, so I clicked on the link and waited for the sites home page to come up.
After reading the disclaimer for'Search Twins.com' I found them to be exactly what I was looking for, they almost guaranteed results.After reading several testimonies from satisfied users and even from some who a matches were not found, I thought that I would give it a shot after all it didn't cost anything. I began answering the questionnaire that would begin my search.
They seemed like basic questions; name, location, sex, age, height weight and e-mail address. I clicked the submit button once i was finished. A window then opened that asked if I had a picture of myself that I could submit for comparison. I clicked yes and was asked to locate and click submit when done.
I located the most recent photo I had, taken at my nephew's birthday only two weeks ago. after submitting my photo I was asked if I was looking for a specific individual or a close look-a-like. I clicked look-a-like and the screen went blank and a task bar appeared in the center of the screen. the message above the bar said 'processing photo'.
After a few moments, the bar disappeared and the message was replaced with '1 match found'. The screen went blank and image began to download. The downloading seemed to take forever so I got up from my desk, stretched and went into the bathroom.
When I returned I found...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 disneyfan (UN: disneyfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
disneyfan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/725440-The-Internet--Twin/cid/168388-Looking-Online---the-Search-Begins