*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Augustus the Youthful
  2. Enter Augustus
  3. It Begins
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/855553-Continuous-Age-Regression-Story/cid/222809-Augustus-the-Youthful
by Grennd
Rated: GC · Interactive · Other · #855553
Various items capable of altering the ages of people are introduced, wreaking havoc.
This choice: Himself  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Augustus the Youthful

    by: Grennd
After scanning the street for a few minutes and not seeing anybody walk down it, the doctor elected to test the device on himself.

"What is the worst that could happen?" He said to himself. Talking to oneself is a habit of those who live in seclusion. Augustus hit a button on his remote control, and the door to his garage shuddered down to its closed position with a grinding noise that he found pleasing. Augustus often pretended he was in a high-tech laboratory, surrounded by swirling vats of serum and dangerous-looking Jacob's ladders, rather than in his garage surrounded by dried-stuck tubs of paint and faulty electrical outlets.

Augustus carefully calibrated the controls of his creation, not willing to take any chances. After about five minutes of work, he considered his work satisfactory. He set the device down on a rickety table, took a quick breath, and activated it.

The forty-five year old doctor had set the device to return him to twenty years of age. He didn't feel anything as the device's processes changed him, but he could see its effects.

Augustus's noticeable belly started to become less noticeable, affording the old shirt stretched over it some relief. Hair sprouted on his balding head, while his liverspots faded away. All over his body, fat disappeared while the underlying muscle became firmer. The thick white mustache on his face turned back to its old brown, then started thinning to a younger style.

Augustus readjusted his belt, as his slacks were slipping down his waist. A few moments afterward, he had to adjust it again. A youthful glow came back to the doctor's skin. His belly entirely departed, leaving his abdomen flat. His wrinkled face tightened back up, changing it into the handsome visage of a twenty-something.

Soon the doctor was twenty again: a young, attractive man in a shirt for a man much larger than him, and with his glasses slipping down his face. He removed the glasses and saw that he didn't need them as much anymore. Then he tightened his belt again.

Now what happens?

You have the following choices:

1. The regression stops

2. Something goes wrong

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Grennd (UN: grennd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Grennd has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/855553-Continuous-Age-Regression-Story/cid/222809-Augustus-the-Youthful