*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. WTF? Wafers!
  2. Welcome to the future
  3. Where to?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/872766-Dreamscapes/cid/218352-WTF-Wafers
Rated: GC · Interactive · Supernatural · #872766
What would you do if you were having a bad dream?
This choice: Walk into the food court  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

WTF? Wafers!

    by: EyeSingOnTheCake
You walk into the food court, hungry and confused as hell. Everything is in bright flourescent colors like the mall from your time, but the store fronts are more sophisticated, less gaudy than the 20th century. Everyone is getting food from huge vending machines, and sitting down to eat on collapsible chairs and hovering tables. What freaks you out the most is the appearence of the food. No matter what store it is bought from, it appearance is the same. Unappatizing, sand colored wafers about the size of a plate. When people see you watching them, they stop eating their wafers, and stare back.

"Even in the future I'm a freak." you say to yourself as you walk to a Chinese Food counter. You shrug it off. "Could be worse. They could all be preps."

"Are you all right?" asks a man in line with you. He's wearing the same full body suit as everyone else, in the same color, metallic silver. The only area of his body uncovered is his pale face. "Do you know who you are?"

In your time, the appropriate answer to anything an adult would ask you would be a shrug, or at most a grunt, but you feel it is important to answer the man. "My name is Thomas Lovejoy. And I'm cool." You say in a low tone.

"Thomas isn't a modern name." says the man. "Are you sure your name isn't something else, like Sturges, or Quinton?"

"I know what the hell my name is!" you tell him going off. "What the hell kind of question is that?!"
The man whispers something to a woman who is about the same age as him, then turns back to you. "I think you've gotten out of Stasis too soon. Why don't you go back to the hospital where the doctors can treat you?" He says it in the tone one would use with a nine-year old. You consider kicking his ass, but you don't know the rules of this place. For all you know, throwing down in the future could give you a one way ticket to death row. Or whatever they call it here.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Drag him out of that suit and wail on his ass!

2. Curse him out and walk somewhere else

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/872766-Dreamscapes/cid/218352-WTF-Wafers