*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Preparations
  2. A Plan Set In Motion
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/950227-Special-Delivery/cid/241055-Preparations
by Speck
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #950227
Scientist developes shrinking formula, and has a wacky idea.
This choice: Bryan plans for the adventure of a lifetime.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Preparations

    by: Speck
After several trips to his office, Bryan had loaded up the kitchen table with a variety of items he deemed a necessity for his upcoming adventure.

A small cardboard box about three inches wide and three inches high would be his mode of transportation. Bryan quickly calculated that at his reduced height of about a quarter inch, the box would appear huge to him, about 500 square feet and a height of 72 feet.

A quick shiver shot down his spine as he realized how really minuscule and helpless he would be at such a tiny size. But there was no turning back now for the brilliant research scientist. He was determined to carry this plan out to the very end.

Bryan took a key and opened a small metal box. With a pair of tweezers, he carefully lifted out some very tiny clothes—several shirts, pairs of pants, underwear, and last, a tiny vial of antidote. Bryan had first discovered how to shrink inanimate objects, which came in handy during his shrinking experiments.

“Hell, if anything goes wrong, I’ll just take the antidote formula and quickly return to normal size,” Bryan reassured himself confidently. “What could possibly go wrong?”

Bryan began to pack his small transport box. He loaded it up with his extra tiny clothes, some bread crumbs for food, and a soft handkerchief to cushion his journey. He set his initial wardrobe for the trip and the vial of antidote on the kitchen table. Bryan would shrink himself on the kitchen table, get dressed in his tiny clothes, and enter his box with the vial of antidote in hand. Then it would all be up to Tommy and the post office to do the rest.

Bryan carefully sealed the box with tape and made a small incision at the bottom of the box just big enough for him to squeeze through after he shrank. He then punctured several tiny air holes at different points around the box.

As Bryan set the small box on the table, it began to dawn on him just how small he would be during all of this. He wondered if he should call his nephew and fill him in on the complete details of the plan.

You have the following choices:

1. Bryan decided to call his nephew Zack.

2. Bryan decided to surprise Zack.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Speck (UN: utek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Speck has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/950227-Special-Delivery/cid/241055-Preparations