*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1350748-Slythe
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1350748
fxssafdsgfdsg
Little knowing of you Slythe, he was a very powerful wizard. However his parents, trying to protect him, hid both his his magic and his destiny from him for a very long time, but not forever. Slythe was soon allowed to enter the attic which he was never allowed in and when he tried to enter, he could never seem to open it. When he went in, he saw some normal things, books, furniture, even an old television. But he found an old dusty book with stange symbols on it. He picked up the book, blowing the giant dust pile off, making him let out a large cough. When he opened up the book, a radiant, yellow beam shot out blinding him and before he knew it, he passed out. When he awoke he was no longer inside the attic, but instead resided within a dark, damp cave.

"Where am I?" he thought to himself.

He began to walk around searching for some sign of where he was. After a couple minutes of getting lost he saw a tall figure in the distance. He ran closer and closer to the figure, in curiousity of who it could possibly be. He heard a voice in the far distance. " Who is there?" the mysterious voice shouted. Eventually, after all of Slythe's frantic panting he arrived at the feet of an elf. She had long silver locks flowing behind her soft skin.

"Who are you?" asked the elf.

"I was about to ask you same thing. By the way, my name is Slythe." said Slythe.

"THE Slythe? No it can't be. You couldn't possibly be him. By the way my name is Ciertha," said the elf.

"Who is THE Slythe? I have no idea what your talking about," said Slythe.

"You mean you don't know? Slythe, son of Drenath and Lenia, prophecized to have powers great enough to vanquish Shade." said Ciertha.

"Those are the names of my parents, but I couldn't possibly be that Slythe, I mean my parents aren't witches and wizards. They're mortal." explain Slythe.

"Well there is one way to be sure, we must ask the great wizard Seroth," said Ciertha. They ran through the muddy grassland down to the nearest town. "What is this place" said Slythe. "Only the place where I live, work and do my day to day things, we call this place Hetioph." "Oh" Slythe said as he giggled inside his mind.

They ran and ran bypassing strangers walking to their destinations. Bumping and rubbing against them. As they passed these people, the arrived upon the scene of a wicked-looking, dark castle, illuminated only by the light of the full moon. Bats and crows were swarming around them, looking for something to satisfy their hunger.

As they crept slowly towards the castle, Slythe's throat closed up as it became paralyzed by the crippling fear of what dangers lurked beyond those wooden castle doors. They grabbed each others hand and took a deep breath. Each taking one step upon the castle stairs, which led to the humongous sized doors, they heard creaks and cracks of the old, worn down stairs. Mice were crawling in and out, trying to protect their live from the bats and crows.

As they walked slowly up the staircase, they could hear a soft hissing noise following them, but as they turned around all they saw was a shadow. However as they went further up, Slythe could have sworn that the shadow was moving of its own accord. They finally reached the top of the steps and feast their dreary eyes on the giant doors covered by cob webs and dust mites. They carefully walked toward the door and knocked three times and waited patiently for an answer. The knocks were loud, uprising knocks which could have been heard throughout the castle.

As the door slowly opened, the one on the other side was none other than a powerful looking man with a long, red cloak outlined by light silver fabric. We are talking about the lightest shade of silver you would ever see. He had a curly red hat that covered most of his long white hair He pressed his hands against his ruggid, white beard as he looked at the duo with curiousity written all over his face. "Who goes there there" the wizard shouted. " It is me, Ciertha" "Oh, so what brings you here" " I have found him" "Who" Seroth said. "The revered one" Ciertha said. Seroth stumbled as he heard those words. "uhuhuhuh dddddddooooo yyyyyou mmmean SSSSSlythe?" "Yes, but there is one problem, his powers need to be unbound."

"I remember the story well.Your parents fought valiantly against the unspoken one. In fact, it was your mother who used her power of cryokinesis to inflict a great injury to this Shade. However, they would have died if I had not teleported them away before they were hit by Shade's dark waves. And your parents bound your magic to protect you, but now its time for your powers to be released." said Seroth.

"How do we do that?" asked Slythe.

"You don't, I do. Lay down on this wool bed and close your eyes and focus on your happy place." said Seroth.

"What the crap?" asked Slythe.

"Just do it!" shouted Seroth.

Obediently, he layed down and filled his mind with the perfect image of being cuddled in the warmth of his parents arms, but his fantasy was soon interrupted by Seroth's shouts and grunts. He suddenly felt a glorious sensation flowing through his veins as if a new power had been born within him.

"You two better hurry home and restore your strength for the upcoming battles." Said Seroth.

*5 minutes Later ~ (Ciertha's Slythe)~


"Where have you been?" asked Ciertha's mother.

"To see Seroth. And by the way, this is Slythe. can he stay for a few days?" asked Ciertha.

"Well, suuuuuur, diiiiiiiiid youuuuuuu saaaay Slythe? THE Slythe?" asked her mother.

"Yes mom, the prophecized child powerful enough to vanquish the Shade. Well can he stay or not?" asked Ciertha forcefully.

"Sure, sure, just keep it down up there," said her mother.

"Ok you sleep there, I sleep here, got it?" she shouted.

"Yeah, yeah, I just wanted a place to sleep," said Slythe.

They both feel into a deep sleep.

"Noooooo, no, don't hurt them!" he said dreaming in reference to his parents fighting Shade.

Sweat trickled down his neck, his body became very warm as he began kicking. They were both awoken by a crash followed by a scream.

"What was that?" asked Ciertha.

Suddenly, someone kncoked on the door. They were surprised to find it was a man hey had never seen.

"I was hit in the face by this book which came from this residence," said the man dropping the book on the floor and leaving.

"Well those certainly weren't my telekinetic powers channeled through someone's certain fearful dreams of a certain evil force fighting a certain someone's parents. Not to mention any names of course. Your lucky he was kind enough to bring that book back after being slammed in the face because thats the only way we can contact Seroth." said Ciertha.

Suddenly Slythe noticed a pink book on her bed filled with big hearts and his name written all over it.

"What's that?" he asked grinning.

"Nothing! Go back to sleep." said Ciertha.

"Ok, ok, gosh! You aren't the one having bad dreams! "

"zZZzzZZzZzZzZ"

"Wake up Slythe,Slythe? Wake up, today is the day"

"Wah, what day?" said Slythe.

"The day we head out for you know who" said Ciertha.

"Who" said Slythe.

"Shade" Ciertha said with a whisper.

"Oh" Slythe said.

Ciertha and Slythe scurried their belongings for an unknowingly voyage for the whereabouts of Shade. They stopped at a market for something to fulfill their appetite. They approached a mid-aged gypsie that had seemed to be running the market. The gypsie was screaming at the top of her lungs "Bandits, bandits, help,
help!" "It's your time Slythe, to use your skills to become a hero of our small village"

Both Ciertha and Slythe immediately rushed after the bandits, catching up to them after Slythe tripped over a rock, fell into a ditch, and ran over an old lady.

"We caught you! Return what you have stolen thieves!" said Slythe.

The bandits turned around and gave the duo a very annoyed glare.

"Beat it kid!" shouted one of the bandits.

"Not until you return the money you've taken!" shouted Slythe.

"You'll have to fight me for it," said the bandit, as he and his accomplice pulled out a knife.








© Copyright 2007 Dragonslayer190 (writingmage101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1350748-Slythe