*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1581183-The-Simple-Rain
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #1581183
A descriptive impact about rain. Really short, kinda poetic, more of observational.
I love the sound of rain. The droplets of water falling from the sky. It is whimsical, yet fascinating, about tiny drops of essential requisite to life – seemingly random, in its short gravitational journey.
The refreshing sound of rain. Music for the mind, chaos and broken to the ear. There is something mystical about rain. Somehow it creates stillness from a constant drizzling water flow.
Intensity of the storm is awing; higher energy, makes for a strong impact – obviously.

Dripping from my shelter, slow and methodically, I catch its rhythm. My mind drifts and the body relaxes. I fall into a simple state of mind, a place where I'm absorbed by the moment, the moment of the rain. It brings me to a place of simplicity, a place of peace.
That is what it must be, the rain brings me into the current moment; what is happening now, and when I am are here now, nothing frivolous is to be concerned.

The rain is deafening in a sense of its consistency. If there is to be peace with it, then one must be calm and discern the silence.
© Copyright 2009 Universed (universed at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1581183-The-Simple-Rain