*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2274889-The-Party
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2274889
Daily Flash Fiction Competition 15 June - I never agreed to that 300 Words
Beatrice and Joe watched in anticipation as the red mini cooper convertible parked in their drive way. The driver door opens and their plump five foot two forty three year old cousin Vanessa alights the car. Her chubby face steaming red with anger. They glanced at each with a grin as they watched the businesswoman dressed in her two piece grey suit struggle to power walk towards the door. In her left hand is a piece of folded paper, her right hand adjusting her black framed glasses on her nose.

The doorbell rings, Beatrice and Joe smile at each other and casually stroll towards it. The door gradually opens and both smirk down upon their shorter cousin who rigorously shakes the folded page up between their faces. "What's the meaning of this?" she angerly gasps.

Beatrice whips it out of her hand and unfolds it and places it between herself and Joe, both unashamedly pleased. "Oh it's the bill for your party last week Beatrice"

"I don't know how to extend my gratitude Vanessa" as she gently places a section of the right lapel of Vanessa's suit jacket between her right thumb and index finger partially pulling back the jacket "What are you doing, get your hands off my jacket" growls Vanessa as the folded page is gently placed into an inside pocket.

Vanessa shakes her head in disgust taking some short shallow breaths. "How dare you both treat me like this" She pants, her breathing so shallow she felt like she was breathing through a straw "You didn't even invite me"

Joe cusps his left hand under his chin "but you told people you would"

Vanessa draws a shallow long drawn gasp in complete disgust "I never agreed to that however my signature was forged and I've no choice"
© Copyright 2022 amateur40 (amateur40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2274889-The-Party