*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328116-When-the-Cats-Are-Away
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Biographical · #2328116
Truth is not as good as fiction, mostly.
On rare occasions the entire family is gone. I am home with 3 cats, 2 dogs, and 3 fish. A 50 gallon tank with 3 fish. Some kind of dis-ease got in the tank and poof! The schools of fish were gone overnight. Yikes! It is kind of like things that will happen if the correct person does not get into office. But, I digress.

I have the house to myself. First thing I will do is take a shower. I have gone 3 days without one. Why is that monumental? Because the last time it happened I had Covid. The yucky was brought into the home by my tRUMPster SIL who thinks the “China” virus is a myth. Give the boy lotsa fake news and he is a happy guy. That is, if he watched, read, or looked at the news. He has no time. When he is not at work at a nonsensical job that isn’t even refined enough to give it blue collar status…but I digress.

Off work hours, when he isn’t sleeping 12 of them, he is playing games on his phone. Not word games or anything to stimulate his peanut brain, but a wheel he spins all day and night. For what? I dunno. He just keeps spinning. But, I digress. He finally agreed to leave the home after years of pleading. I am a whole lot happier. I know my daughter is, although the future is now uncertain. Because remember the ignoramus has a dead end piece of crap job. Why? Because he left his good job to work with his twin brother in a crap job. His brother is on lifetime probation…but, I digress.

Being around his brother is not smart. They were the ones who got in trouble in elementary and middle school…then carried that over to high school…how do I know? They lived a few blocks from us and “played” with my daughter…up until and as now we have proof of messing with her when they reconnected at the age of near 40 and I have my beautiful youngest of 10 grandchildren (+1 who is sometimes in and sometimes out, depends on the mood and how the wind blows in Texas).

So, as the title infers correctly, while them cats is gone, I is gonna play. Why did I go 3 days without completely cleansing the svelte moi? Well, the genius (I have it on paper) in me thought I would save time and get 4 vaccine shots at once. Save on gas and time to make several trips. It was on the way home from my eye doctor appointment where my vision has settled into 20/40 4 months after cataract surgery. One trip, less gas. Only to be followed by picking up a dozen Cinnabon donuts that one can purchase at the taco deli aka Taco Bell. Nothing like a little sugar to stave off the pain of 4 shots, divided mercifully two to each arm.

The last time I slept on my back was after my second mastectomy. I maybe could have slept on my side but with the drainage tube and all the other icky stuff which goes on post surgery, on the back was the easy out.

This is going nowhere. I am feeling good, and much better after my shower…but wait! I is 3pm…time for an afternoon snack. The cats stocked the freezer. I hear an ice cream sandwich calling my name. Must keep this svelte figure, after all.

Arrivederci!

© Copyright 2024 tracker (tracker1948 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328116-When-the-Cats-Are-Away