*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056926-Beginning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Detective · #2306086
One of a group of teens is accused of murder. Will their friendship survive?
#1056926 added October 7, 2023 at 2:54pm
Restrictions: None
Beginning
Kristin Fisher couldn't believe what she was seeing. It was the same as the vision she had gotten just hours before. Darrel Matthews was crouched over the bloody body of Rick hall with a knife in his hand. There was so much blood. The metallic taste of it. The wet rust smells. It filled her senses.

"I... I... I didn't do it," said Darrel.

As Kristin stepped aroound the body she set her cellphone on the counter. She took the knife from Darrel, closed it, and put it in her jacket pocket. She stooped and picked up the bloody cellphone near Rick's hand. She picked up the folded piece of paper. She stood back up wiping her hannds on her jeans.

"The backk door was open. He was just lying there.... I picked up the knife..."

Kristin took Darrel's arm. "we have to get out of here>"

Darrel looked down at Kristin, his brown hair coming to his shoulders. She was usually leaning on those shoulders for comfort. Now it was he who had tears in his blue eye.

"You got to believe me Kristin."

"I know you Darrel. No matter what he did you wouldn't kill him>"


Darrel's eyes never left Rick's body until they were ourside. Then his whole demeanor changed. His well built five-nine frame stiffened.

"Go get the guys. They'll know where to find me."


Darrel ran out the back gate and down the alley, disappearing into the fading light....







Merry Meet and Blessed Be
then Merry Meet again!

Thank you Ledgerdemain for creating this wonderful signature.
© Copyright 2023 Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056926-Beginning