*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
4
10
11
12
16
17
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072268-Summer-Fun-Prompt-June-7
Rated: 13+ · Book · Friendship · #2295863
This stuffed Beanie Baby dog came tagged "tracker" which fits my search for knowledge.
#1072268 added June 7, 2024 at 4:51am
Restrictions: None
Summer Fun Prompt June 7
Friday
June 7, 2024
1:30 am

Blog City image large

PROMPT: "Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, having fun." — Brian Wilson

Netflix has a documentary about the Beach Boys right now. I lived through every occasion that was discussed. I was a teenager when their hits started coming. My family moved to California, a town about an hour and a half drive from the beach, from New Jersey. I was a new student in my new high school class. The school was not one building like New Jersey, but a series of bungalows, each one for a different subject. You would have a homeroom to start your day, then move from building to building, class to class.

In the summer, for the first 3 summers I lived there, I spent most of each day at the beach. I was allowed to drive one of the family cars. Sunshine every day. You would need to arrive at the beach after about 10 am which is when the ocean fog would burn off. It would begin getting chilly as the sun started its descent.

I have been to Disneyland countless times. Many high schools had class parties there. On those occasions, the park would be closed to the public. Nowadays, the park stays open late for everyone. I doubt they have those kinds of private parties. Those summers, in the sunshine, playing volleyball, and playing in the ocean, are some of my fondest memories.

The short answer is summers at the beach as well as trips to Disneyland mean happy times.

© Copyright 2024 tracker (UN: tracker1948 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tracker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072268-Summer-Fun-Prompt-June-7