*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076172-Blog-City-Prompt-9324
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2322585
Journaling all sorts of stuff
#1076172 added September 3, 2024 at 12:34pm
Restrictions: None
Blog City Prompt 9/3/24
September 3, 2024
Tuesday
12:30 pm

Blog City image large

Prompt: Neighbors, the good the bad the funniest

I have lived in 17 places over 4 states.

Best neighbor: Kathy. She was from Australia. She married a service member. Air Force. We have a large base here where the majority fighter pilots are trained. She made my daughter a doll one year. I had her to my house often. I was fascinated with her thick Aussie accent.

Worst neighbor: a male whose name I have forgotten. He tied his German Shepard to a tree in his front yard while he went to work every day. He never talked to us and frankly looked scary. I was afraid to approach him about chaining his dog like that. I called the dog catcher and reported what was going on. They came and took the dog. My husband worked nights. About a week after I called it in, there was a knock at my door. It was almost dark and I was alone with my 1 year old daughter. She was already sleeping. I did not see the shotgun until I opened the door. The guy brandished the gun and said that he knew I contacted the authorities. He went on about how much it cost him to get his dog back including the cost of a rabies shot. He was furious. I told him yes I had called and that my husband had gone to his house several times but he did not open the door. It was awful. I honestly thought he would shoot me while my daughter slept and my husband was at work. The guy left after threatening me. I called the emergency number and reported him. I was told they never tell an animal owner who reported the incident. So, I figured he went to each house in our cul de sac until someone fessed up.

The funniest neighbor, well I never had a funny neighbor. Currently I have been in a neighborhood for eight years. The house next door is a rental house that has had new occupants every year. The newest ones have 2 dogs who bark every time they are let outside. My grandson went over and talked to them about it. The dogs still bark so we endure it. I guess it is a little better since they seem to take them inside before they bark too long. I have an interesting story about a loyal neighbor that I will write a story about soon.

tracker


© Copyright 2024 tracker (UN: tracker1948 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tracker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076172-Blog-City-Prompt-9324