*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/339175-Living-Writefully
Rated: GC · Book · Adult · #825102
Transparent to the naive eye, bare, naked to the world...evil lurks.
#339175 added April 5, 2005 at 1:07am
Restrictions: None
Living Writefully
This must be my passion. I think of the day when the outcome is my way; successful author. Maybe there's no need for me to get rich from the success, but the sense of accomplishmet is more fitting of my longing. Not to say that finance doesn't play its part in this endeavor. That would be a lie to you and I.

When I'm in the grocery store, I fantasize or invision my character walking down the isles, choosing grocery items and even the small chat with other shoppers. I invision my character's reaction to the old lady that slowly moozies in her way. If that character has a temper of course I refrain from acting her out. If she's mild mannered and personable, I will talk to the old lady or simply excuse 'her' and go around bidding the old lady a pleasant day.

Recently, while picking up just enough items to get in the '20 Items or Less' line, a white man approached me. I'll have to admit that I was a bit startled. Not because he was white or that I'm racist. I was startled because it had never happened before. I wondered what attracted him to me. I wondered how had the nerves when so many others hadn't, to approach me with such sweet compliments. I wondered if he was deranged even. He asked for my telephone number. We exchanged numbers. Hell, I am single and can do as I please.

Well, by the time I made it home, I had a character in mind that would have handled that situation quite differently. She would have only accepted his number, checked him out first, and then gave her number to him. Maybe I should take note because by the time I made it home, only about ten blocks away, he'd already called. This sorta alarmed me but then I considered his culture. Maybe he just didn't understand how not to seem so desperate or cool about this type of meeting.

He called again as I was situating my grocery. We exchanged vital information like how many children, how old they are and marital status. We even discussed how we feel about having more children and marrying again since both of us were single and had been married prior. Another call came through that I needed to take so I ended the call. He asked if he could call back. I said yes. He did within 20mins. instead of the suggested hour that I needed. That irritated me. However, I talked to him.

During this conversation we discussed our jobs and a few other life long accomplishments. I'm sure that the image I delivered was pristine, not that I am completely a prude or anywhere near one. I just didn't see it fitting to discuss sex a this infantile stage in our 'relationship.' I had to go again. He called back the next day this time.

Oh my, what he said really changed my view of him. He basically said that he was not looking for a relationship but for someone to become an intimate part of his life. Now, like I said, I'm not a prude. I am fairly low on cash and have heard that white men have excellent oral communication. Why not? That's the million dollar question.

Well, he was looking for a free intimate partner. LOL. Get the fuck out of here. I took this as an opportunity for my character to take over since there was no future in this anyhow. I am looking forward to his next call. Oh, this is going to be so much fun. I'll write this story and maybe even use parts of it for an actual character one day.

I truly do live writefully so.
j

© Copyright 2005 Sugaree-Serial_Writer (UN: sugaree at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sugaree-Serial_Writer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/339175-Living-Writefully