*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/339470-The-Aftermath
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #571489
reflections and thoughts about my life as I know it
#339470 added April 6, 2005 at 12:41pm
Restrictions: None
The Aftermath
I told Quinton what happened on Monday night. He was at the bar with his friends and I didn't really want to tell him then. I would have rather told him when he was home or something. But oh well. I didn't even really get through everything( cause I had written out a full blown confession that I was gonna read off like it was my last will and testament.) But I couldn't do that either. Finally, I just tell him and......well.....Actually, he handled it alot better than I thought he would. He said that what happened between me and Eisley didn't really shock him because he knew the backstory. Quinton was the shoulder that I cried on when Eisley was acting like a jackass.

He was hurt and everything, but he said that he appreciated that I told him instead of keeping it to myself. He said that he always wanted me to feel comfortable enough with him to talk about anything. (Be careful what you wish for, huh?) We share a few more awkward silences and forced laughs. He said that he had some things to think about but he would call me.

It's weird being in this situation where, previously I would talk to him every single night and now I have no idea when his name is going to show up on my caller ID. This is really just the second day that he hasn't spoken to me and I'm coping about as much as possible. I've already set some rules about how I'm gonna go about this,:

1. Get Busy: I am officially on my grind. I need to find something to fill up this empty time until he calls. Why not fill it with the schoolwork that I'm falling behind on? (smirk)

2. I'm not contacting him at all. Not even so much as a text message. He's got some things that he needs to think about, I've done all I can do. It's really all on him now. I don't wanna try and reach him and trigger some sort of pain before he's ready for it.

3. My cell phone and 2-way are being turned off at 11pm SHARP! Otherwise, I'll spend all night just staring at my phone waiting for it to ring and that's not healthy. Besides, typically Quinton calls between 9:30 and 11:00pm. If he hasn't called by 11. He probably won't be calling.

I figure that if I stick to these rules, then I should be okay. I know he's going to call eventually, so I'm not gonna push it. When he's ready to talk to me he will. I just gotta wait it out.

© Copyright 2005 2trueblue (UN: panther83817 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
2trueblue has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/339470-The-Aftermath