*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794357-Mishmash
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#794357 added October 14, 2013 at 10:33am
Restrictions: None
Mishmash
I skipped church yesterday in favor of listening to some friends play their music at a local art festival...good choice *Smile*. Our weather is so beautiful now and the crowd was in good humor. A few food vendors set up and my front row seat was next to the Original Nut Hut. The aroma of sugared pecans overpowered me and I succumbed *Laugh*.

With my micro fiction class over, I am searching for another class that might be interesting, maybe a drawing class. A friend in my critique pod teaches one and I am seriously considering it. It's in the afternoon so night driving would not be a problem... I love to draw portraits and even more I would like to improve. She looked at some of my work and even knows where I can publicly hang something. That's a little scary....but a good scary *Smile*.

WAG (Writers' Alliance of Gainesville) met yesterday afternoon. It was all Toastmaster's Club information. They are a group that teaches people how to speak effectively in public, apparently important for writers who want to be successful, doing interviews, speaking to groups, doing book signings, and other marketing tactics. Interestingly, one of the speakers remarked that most (yes, most) writers are introverted...well, yeah.

I have submitted a couple of stories since I signed on to Duotrope - having to pay does tend to get me off my butt on that score. I have submitted hardly nothing since I was in the "sheep pen" with asymmetrical....missing those days and chat sessions.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794357-Mishmash