*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797471-A-wonderful-week
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#797471 added November 11, 2013 at 9:20am
Restrictions: None
A wonderful week....
I decided to hang Mr. Poe in my instructor's student art show and even helped her hang the others, 49 pieces in all. It looks so beautiful, the emerging talent all around us is unbelievable. I am helping with the artists' reception, too, which is this coming Friday. While we were in the process of hanging, someone wandered in and actually remarked on my portrait. My heart was beating like a hummingbird *Laugh*.

And even more good news...I read my Aunt Fanny story at my life history meeting on Thursday since I hadn't had time to write anything new. One of the members is the editor of a small town newspaper and asked if she could print my story in the next issue. Whoa! Who knew last year all these wonderful things would be happening to me. I am so grateful for new and old friends!

It is a little chilly here this morning, perfect fall weather, warming up to 79 by noon the weatherman says. The pine needles and cones are dropping and I raked all Saturday afternoon. The faint scent of wood smoke and the smell of pine rosin kept me going but I noticed this morning that the back yard is almost covered again. That's okay...I'm ready *Smile*. November is my favorite month now!

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797471-A-wonderful-week