*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803485-Sorry-but-I-cannot-get-off-the-weather
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#803485 added January 16, 2014 at 9:33am
Restrictions: None
Sorry, but I cannot get off the weather!
Heat is on this morning and it is 36 degrees F as I type...brrr. I had to bring all my front porch plants into the garage...again...yesterday, so now Mopsy cannot go out there (garage) to roam around. I know peace lilies and gardenias are poisonous to kitties. The only plants I have on the back porch are herbs, which she will nibble on occasionally. Right now she is huddled by my little electric heater even though I have the central heat on. We are such cold weather wimps. Last night she slept under the covers curled up in the crook in back of my knees. Actually, she is a pretty good bed warmer *Smile*.

I am glad I filled the bird feeder yesterday...they are hungry this morning and filling every available spot on the perches. Even birds seem to get along better with each other when it is cold. No one is fighting or trying to get a better spot. They all are eating quietly like friends.

My critique pod meeting is at my house today, just me and two others, Terri and Sue. It is a memoir pod and Sue is writing about her life as an air force (pilot) wife. They were divorced about 14 years ago and she is in her late 70's. Terri, nearing her fiftieth birthday, is divorced too but only for a couple of years. She is writing about that or maybe I should say she is trying to write about that. She says she has something new for today's meeting...I will let you know. Both women are very interesting to me, who has never been west of the Mississippi. They have traveled everywhere. And done many things.

I had an email last night from an old friend (in the 1970's) who says she will be coming to Gainesville to visit me soon *Smile*.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803485-Sorry-but-I-cannot-get-off-the-weather