*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803754-The-Pod-Meeting
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#803754 added January 18, 2014 at 1:57pm
Restrictions: None
The Pod Meeting...
Critique time was a fun time with Terri and Sue agreeing I need to "loosen up" a little...not exactly sure how to do that or what it means? Each of us read our stories for the day while munching on cheese and crackers and grapes. Mopsy tried to horn in, but when she didn't get much attention, she found her way back to the bedroom for a nap. Sue's snapshots of her fourteen moves in thirteen years as an airforce wife are coming together with a good central theme of sisterhood. I think she is on her third edit (did I mention she is 78?). And Terri surprised us by deciding to start over with her memoir by writing "letters" to her ex. A lot of anger came through in her first, the one she read us, but when we both commented on that, she denied it and said she just wanted others to know what can happen in a marriage. Is anger good in a memoir? Anyway, we had a good time and two hours flew by like a few minutes.

My stories seem disjointed and I'm not sure how to pull them together. I think I need to concentrate on a specific period in my life and discard the rest for another time. Since most seem to be on grade school days, maybe that will be my choice...not sure yet, but right now they seem like a lot of scattered memories without connection. When I think of things, I like to write them down but getting them to fit together in a book is a problem.

And now I am reading yet another book, Writing Your Life by Lou Willett Stanek, P.H.D.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803754-The-Pod-Meeting