*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810415-Mishmash
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#810415 added March 17, 2014 at 9:21am
Restrictions: None
Mishmash
It has been raining all night and much more is forecast for today with storm warnings. March truly has been in like a lion so far. The only great thing is the wonderful warm temps.

My Delaware daughter called last night and said it was snowing there with 8-10 inches expected, hard to believe with spring so near, calendar-wise.

I attended my first BOD meeting for my writers' group last week, very interesting. The prez lives on the edge of Paynes Prairie, renowned for alligators and other wildlife, but most recently in the news (two years ago I think) for the tragic fog and smoke accident on I-75, which travels through the middle of the long-ago lake. His home, a lovely place, lies way back in the woods at the end of a twisting and bumpy narrow dirt lane. Twilight and no one in the passenger seat kept me on my toes as I steered my way to the unknown destination. When the two-story house broke my view, I focused my attention on two huge dogs coming to greet me. They were waist-high, all black with curly fur and twinsies, the welcoming committee, petting allowed. The journey out was much darker. Luckily, I followed some taillights.

I went to an author signing at a local bookstore on another evening last week, Judith Campbell, mystery writer, and also an ordained Unitarian Universalist minister, a very personable woman who gave a great presentation...and handouts, bookmarks with recipes and fridge magnets. She even offered to read some pages of my long-languishing memoir, never had that happen before *Shock*.

Other than that, I have been busy with Book Club stuff (minutes and name tags for our next meeting) and working on my latest transcription for the oral history program. They are having a luncheon and a beach party for members and volunteers near the end of March so I am trying to get my current audio wrapped up by then. And I have a story to finish for my critique pod meeting this coming Thursday at Terri's.

May you all have the good luck of the Irish, their gift of gab, and find your own pot o' gold....

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810415-Mishmash