*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2869718
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(676)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 31, 2015 at 6:41pm
Much Needed Advice For Nobody
by Nobody
First and foremost, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read this post, and if you take even more time to reply, know that your gesture is infinitely appreciated.

I wanted to tackle two things that have been on my mind as far as writing goes.

1. How I should go about honing my skills in this craft.

2. Reviews

One is the thing I'm most worried about. I'm extremely passionate about writing, which is why we're all here, but I'm unsure of how I should go about learning things that don't reveal themselves to me. I've found myself a bit to comfortable as of late. Writing hip hop lyrics is another one of my hobbies, but that has a strong influence on my poetry. Because of this, I seem to stay within the lines of free verse poems. Which isn't a bad thing... but I feel like there's so much more to learn. I want to learn how to write short stories, novels, traditional poems with structure, and everything else on the list of literation. I just don't know where to begin, and so, I'm coming to the WDC community. :D

Two is just something I thought about and has become quite bothersome personally. I love when someone reads my little poems and gives them a review, but I have no idea what to do with the review afterwards. I should respond...but oddly enough, I don't know what to say to all these awesome people who took the time to read my work... Any pointers?

Again, thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you guys.

~Nobody
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Much Needed Advice For Nobody · 08-31-15 6:41pm
by Nobody
Re: Much Needed Advice For Nobody · 08-31-15 8:23pm
by 1UppyEar

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2869718