Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Other · #1639464
Q&A and information for all members of HSP
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 26, 2024 at 12:12am
Re: Discussion 5 - Coming Soon
Well, I am a novel writer so anything that helps me write novels is always going to draw my attention. So, here are my thoughts on these questions:

1 - I like the idea since I prefer to write novels and have a few though one of my romance/erotica novels is over 120,000 words thanks to a very successful year with NaNoWriMo. I have one romance novel that I barely finished recently though the end is rough. It needs a rewrite. I have another from one of my first NaNoWriMo attempts that I started rewriting. While I should work on the old ones, I'd be down for taking a class and writing another novel.

2 - As for including the approach with the erotica genre, that would work too. While the novels that I write include romance, some are more physical than others. The characters I'm using for Basics of Erotica are from a novel, for example. So, it would work and might helps some as it can be hard to balance the sexual scenes with other parts that move the story forward even when the intimacy is linked to the plot.

3 - I didn't even notice the connection, silly me. For me, I do write some that is fantasy related with romance included but have never been able to enter the Paranormal Romance contest because it doesn't involve a human/normal character as part of the couple. Like my shifter stories are between different shifters. I've got some ideas that include elves, witches or even different types of fae. One of the good parts about romance is that it fits well with many genres. I've even enjoyed some mystery types where a character who isn't a detective and a love interest (often who is a detective) have to solve mysteries. The Mystery of Nevermore has an antique store owner trying to solve a mystery inspired by Poe, for example.
MESSAGE THREAD
Discussion 5 - Coming Soon · 06-25-24 12:35pm
by Purple Princess
Re: Discussion 5 - Coming Soon · 06-25-24 11:54pm
by Jim Hall
*Star* Re: Discussion 5 - Coming Soon · 06-26-24 12:12am
by Dawn Embers
Re: Discussion 5 - Coming Soon · 06-26-24 2:56pm
by Bikerider
Re: Re: Discussion 5 - Coming Soon · 06-26-24 11:46pm
by Dawn Embers
Re: Re: Re: Discussion 5 - Coming Soon · 06-28-24 8:20pm
by Cadie Laine

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Purple Princess.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3661137