*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/3301098-D7--I-Want-to-Speak-to-Your-Manager
by Doom
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1993120
You decide to shrink yourself super tiny and survive, nobody aware of your existence.
This choice: Jump to the manager-looking guy  •  Go Back...
Chapter #98

D7: I Want to Speak to Your Manager!

    by: Doom
If you're to be trapped here, away from your shrinking device, you'd rather not be thrown out with the dirty laundry! And if you're going to hang out in a hotel, may as well be with the man at the top!

So, you shuffle your broken form to the edge of the basket the sheet ball has dropped into, reaching for another of your ropes. The giant strolls closer, nodding approvingly in his inspection, and better yet, stoops a little to inspect the contents. You'll never get a better chance, and so you let fly, and are carried aloft the moment the man stands back up again. You slam into his chest, but not hard enough to inflict even more injury. Rather than climb you remain dangling, breathing heavily.

His breaths are far greater than yours, and his voice booms out before he leaves: "Very good work; carry on!"

The manager turns smartly on his heel and leaves the laundry room, and his pace is calm enough that you can haul yourself higher. You don't get a chance to examine the surroundings as you do so, but can make out the breast pocket coming up ahead/above of you - that might be a good place to rest, catch your breath.

The giant comes to a stop as another titanic figure approaches. You grip your rope tight at the sudden stop, twirling in place to behold the newcomer. She's a staff member, yet clearly subordinate to your current carrier. She stoops and lifts a handkerchief. "Oh, Mr Michaels," she tuts as her great hand dabs at his collar, so far above you, "you've been walking around with a big stain this whole time!"

While this woman cleans up the man, you have an opportunity. She is looking closely at his clothing, so if you double-time it, you could get high enough to intrude upon her line of sight. She may just brush you off as a bug, but it is a chance for recognition.

Alternatively, you could continue with your original plan and get to that pocket, for rest and shelter.

Other pathways that present themselves are throwing yourself from the manager to his underling while she's so close; perhaps you don't want to be clinging to the most prominent individual here, at that would make you more noticeable.

You could always use the current stationary status of the man to climb down to the floor, leave the big people entirely. Or maybe just stop off at his trouser pocket, see if there's any stuff there worth looting...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Doom (UN: doom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Doom has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/3301098-D7--I-Want-to-Speak-to-Your-Manager