*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/3301644-D7--Lord-of-All-he-Surveys
by Doom
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1993120
You decide to shrink yourself super tiny and survive, nobody aware of your existence.
This choice: Hide in the breast pocket  •  Go Back...
Chapter #99

D7: Lord of All he Surveys

    by: Doom
"Uh, thank you, Kayla..." the manager says, rocking your climbing surface with his voice even as his colleague 'dabs' at his collar with crushing strength. You don't know what the relationship dynamic is between them, but if they consentrate on each other enough, you should be able to reach safety unnoticed...

Success! You drop into the breast pocket without being spotted or crushed, and breathe a sigh of relief. Above, the conversation of these giants draws ro a close:

"Still, don't you have elsewhere to be?"

"Yes, but..."

"Well, get to it! I - Sorry, I'll see you later, okay?"

"Okay!"

They part, but the woman has one final impact on your world, as her huge hand jams the handkerchief into the breast pocket, a bundled mass of cloth pressing you down carelessly. Your old injuries flare up and you scream, your cries muffled by the very mass demanding all this space.

The manager resumes walking while you struggle once again to free yourself from the oppression of what a normal human would consider an inconsequential weight. It's easier than with the napkin, since it's not wrapped around you, and it's much lighter material than the bedsheets - your blade slices through it easily enough, and by the time you crest in triumph to the top of the pocket, you have a collection of variously-sized sheets of your own.

Lookng out, your ride appears to be standing at a balcony, indomitable arms planted on a railing as he looks out across what lies beneath. Looking down yourself, you realise that the manager is standing above the entrance to the hotel, looking out across the reception area. From up here, the giants almost look normal!

There is hustle and bustle as people check in and out, and the automatic doors open to reveal a family entering, and the image of that group - mother, father, son - reminds you of what you have lost. You'll have to rebuild here, in this hotel. Maybe it won't be so bad - there'll be plenty of variety in terms of shelter and supplies, and something approaching a regular routine...

Wait! Below, you see the family step aside to make way for a couple leaving - a couple that look just like Sarah and Alfie! All is not yet lost! If you can just get down to them before they exit, you can leave with them, remain with the Gillespies for one more day before getting back to the library tomorrow!

How? Well, you could some some of these shreds of handkerchief as a makeshift glider...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Doom (UN: doom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Doom has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/3301644-D7--Lord-of-All-he-Surveys