*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323192-Samuel-Salt-From-Man-to-Fish
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Fanfiction · #2323192
A man turns into a fish. Inspired by a fish photomorph sequence on FurAffinity.net
Samuel Salt was once a man with dark brown hair, a bushy beard, blue eyes, and who wore a navy jacket, white pants, black boots with yellow soles, and a sea captain's hat.

the story began where one day, he was sitting on the beach, looking longingly into the calm cool inviting ocean ahead.

Suddenly, he felt a tingling feeling.

Taking off his boots and socks, He stared with a mixture of fascination and disbelief as his feet began to change before his eyes. They lengthened, and webbing grew between his toes. It was soft, cold, and gelatinous. He also watched in surprise as his toenails popped off his toes, and vanished into the ocean where they fell. As the webbing grew, the skin there began to change colour, fading to a pale turquoise, as shimmering slimy scales began to grow over his changing feet.

Attention quickly shifted to his hands, the fingers beginning to develop the same translucent, gelatinous webbing between them. And, like his toenails, his fingernails popped off his fingers and thumbs, and and vanished into the ocean where they fell. The skin turned a similar shade of pale bluegreen, as scales grew there too.

He couldn't believe his eyes as he held his bizarrely itching arms in front of his face; as long thin rigid spines erupted from in between his digits, and rippled down the sides of his arms too. Webbing clung to them as fins were formed, and the scales continued to cover his skin, slowly coating it with a slimy film.

Samuel felt his clothes were almost beginning to choke him, so, with shaking webbed hands, he pulled them off, stripping to his birthday suit.

he suddenly felt a searingly sharp pain in his back. Fighting to look at the changes taking place there, he suddenly keeled over.

He immediately felt sharp spines breaking free from his skin, almost ripping through it. Despite the fact there was no one in the area, Samuel groaned and grunted as it happened, the transformation wasn't painless. Fighting back the sting of tears in his eyes, he looked back, and immediately saw webbing beginning to grow between said spines on his back, creating an enormous dorsal fin.

And as the webbed dorsal ridge continued to burst forth from his spine, he felt his balance beginning to shift. His arms and legs continued to change into fins, and all too soon, he found it impossible to remain standing upright. He edged forward as scales spread over his torso, preparing for a difficult landing against the wet sand.

Samuel immediately discovered that he could no longer turn his head around, but he knew one thing was for sure and absolute positive - his piscine changes were drawing to a close.

His huge flippery feet began to fuse, starting at the heel and working their way outwards as his legs became unable to separate. His legs became a single connected mass, and the shimmering scales rippled down it's length, cementing their fate. The flippers finished their transition into a flattened tailfin, taking with them his last chance of being able to stand up again.

'Goodbye, human life. Hello, aquatic marine life.' he thought, consigning himself to his fate.

As his fishy scales crept up his face, he felt a numb, tense, swelling sensation. His face began to change shape; with the jaw strengthening and expanding, leaving him with a huge piscine underbite, his beard receding as it swelled up, almost as if he had no facial hair at all.

he felt his arms shrinking into his torso, which by now was changing into a more fish-like shape, leaving the fins on his body.

Then, he saw his nose shrink, right before his eyes, just as they pushed out to the sides of his head. He felt his hair receding, like his beard had before. Immediately, to finish it off, his ears shrunk, and slits opened up on his face, his new gills.

Gasping, he felt the painful sting of air drying them out. He was soon distracted by this as his vision began to warp and alter, and his mind was plunged into a state of cold, yet placid numbness.

Instinctively, he wriggled and slid into the now inviting and awaiting water; his transformation completed.

And off he swam form the beach, leaving his clothes to tell their own story.
© Copyright 2024 Derek Robson (nana2015 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323192-Samuel-Salt-From-Man-to-Fish